Boston Crusaders 2019

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

If it looks like a Michael Townsend guard, tosses like a Michael Townsend guard, builds a book like a Michael Townsend guard, then...

Just call a spade a spade. Boston has adapted/taken over Townsend's guard identity and is doing better than Crown at it. 

Lol if you think I'm a crown fan you must be new to DCP

Fixed it for you. You're Welcome.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kkrepps said:

But that would kill the page volume, and we are almost at 100.

I think you're wrong about that. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

Fixed it for you. You're Welcome.

I said what I said, no fixes were necessary, but thanks bub

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Thank you, I'm not sure why people like the person quoted below are being so obtuse about the comparison to Crown guard. Or being so offended by it either. They hired the staff, what did they expect?

Perhaps you are young, and you have never had the pleasure to create something that you personally feel attached to as your personal creation, your hard work, your years of craftsmanship that your poured your everything into,

But these designers have taught for years and years and are at the absolute top of our Marching arts activity. And they have crafted their own style, A Style so distinct and unique that you can tell who is teaching the performers by how the guard spins, or how the Brass plays, or how the drill looks. But it is surely important as a designer that your work be recognized and appreciated as uniquely your own.

Perhaps you were ignorant to this fact before and this is why you have this view point, But plenty of us are informing you that this recognition is import to the people behind what you see on the field. If you respect the Craft and the art, Have the decency to respect and appreciate those who present their art to you.

3 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Suggest less of the one shot voices. More character development between David and Goliath. Goliath voice over of “come closer so I can see you” before David slays the giant. David needs a slingshot and Goliath should fall to the ground not the wall and the ground should rumble. Just saying! 

I agree with most of this.  Might be dangerous for Goliath to fall to the ground from those stilts? 

I did find it funny that the David had a gun.  Indiana Jones-esque  :)

• Haha 1

Just now, Glenn426 said:

Perhaps you are young, and you have never had the pleasure to create something that you personally feel attached to as your personal creation, your hard work, your years of craftsmanship that your poured your everything into,

But these designers have taught for years and years and are at the absolute top of our Marching arts activity. And they have crafted their own style, A Style so distinct and unique that you can tell who is teaching the performers by how the guard spins, or how the Brass plays, or how the drill looks. But it is surely important as a designer that your work be recognized and appreciated as uniquely your own.

Perhaps you were ignorant to this fact before and this is why you have this view point, But plenty of us are informing you that this recognition is import to the people behind what you see on the field. If you respect the Craft and the art, Have the decency to respect and appreciate those who present their art to you.

It is just as important to recognize that these designers ARE what end up creating an identity for corps, especially those that are more "new money" or have never had a distinct identity in the first place. Mike Townsend became Crown and vice versa. Me saying that Boston has taken on Crown guard's identity is a compliment to the designer that they have been able to create a style so unique that you can instantly recognize it once they have moved on to a different corps. 

I know Boston is eager to show off their success but the fact of the matter is that Townsend was one in one with the Crown name and you can't just separate that on a whim. That takes time

• Like 1