Boston Crusaders 2019

On 6/21/2019 at 10:46 AM, Terri Schehr said:

I love the ground quaking idea. 

Me too!

To also make the visual as large as the concept, maybe they could find a way to place a strong light low on the field to cast a huge shadow of Goliath when standing and then falling.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, E3D said:

:offtopic::muahaha: You have a need to get the last word? 

:united:

Do you?

I too like the ideas of the ground quaking / shaking... as well as the light shining somehow to cast a shadow when he is taken down...  when he falls upon the wall impaled, maybe some splashes of red?  However, one thing that just jumps out at me is the costuming of the "Goliath" character. 

IMHO he needs to be different than the corps proper. Perhaps that was intentional (thus far) to have him look identical in appearance as the whole corps.  Perhaps maybe they could add padding - make him looked bulked out, maybe even a different breastplate, a different helmet and a HUGE sword!   Currently, this huge figure in a biblical battle has NO WEAPON!   And, a rifle being used as a sling shot?  Need a better visual there if possible.... 

The corp uniform at present? The corps possibly needs a cape of some sort, they appear as soldiers, and many period armies in biblical times had capes of some sort.  Red would be a very cool accent! 

AND... there is FAR TOO MUCH rapping and adding of the sound bytes used for "My Shot" from Hamilton.  Seems to overshadow and take away from the percussion feature, as well as the brass moment when they are right there on the sideline by the pit!  Soloists?  The mic needn't be turned up so high!  In the theater it seemed far to loud, but, the recording equipment was right there in front of them, so perhaps that's why. 

Otherwise, this show is appealing and just fun to watch and listen to!  THAT GUARD!  WOW!   And the brass aint' to bad either!  Percussion is great - but other corps like SCV and Crown are beating them with a better book.  I am sure the staff and design team have MANY surprises and changes up their sleeves! Come August I hope this show will be in the top 5 - the competition is SO GOOD and the pack is running tight. BAC will need to really think out a climactic closer a few notches up from where it is now to do so.  I HAVE, since I found out what the closer music was that the ending ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY needs more bass AND an organ synth!  It would add so much to that closer! 

We shall see!!!

Eat em' Up Boston!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PRPhan4ever said:

IHowever, one thing that just jumps out at me is the costuming of the "Goliath" character. 

IMHO he needs to be different than the corps proper. Perhaps that was intentional (thus far) to have him look identical in appearance as the whole corps.  Perhaps maybe they could add padding - make him looked bulked out, maybe even a different breastplate, a different helmet and a HUGE sword!   Currently, this huge figure in a biblical battle has NO WEAPON!  And, a rifle being used as a sling shot?  Need a better visual there if possible.... 

I thought he looked a little undernourished, too. Feed that kid seconds and thirds of PB&J. 

• Like 1

Saw the props from field level..WOW! Much better read/ camera work than the theater showing.

Take no prisoners, Giants!

••|•|••• ♥ Ro-ah ~

On 6/22/2019 at 7:14 PM, Cappybara said:

You go ahead and tell that to the probably 50% of DCP users who could not march for various reasons and see how far that gets you 🙂 

But I'll keep in mind how close minded you are oh wise one 

PS: Not sure when I've ever claimed to be an expert, a previous marcher, instructor, etc so I'm not sure how the terms "faker" or "poser" fit my job description. Perhaps you just dislike and feel threatened by people who have strong opinions and don't back down to you? 

I don't know how you've come up with the 50% measure.  But much like most of your critical comments about anything drum corps, I have to doubt the accuracy.  It becomes another made up comment with no substantiation at all.  That is where I see you as a poser/faker.  Make things up, say it enough times and someone will believe you.  But you have no drum corps credibility when it comes to commentary about drum corps marchers, teachers, designers.  I would hazard to guess a great many posters on DCP have experience as a marcher, teacher, designer.  I am threatened by no one.  But I do appreciate an opinion that has some level of depth of thought, expressed or communicated in a clear articulate manner.  Thank you for your continued support of the Boston Crusaders.  .././...

I'm loving this show, and I know it has to follow the theme, but it bothers me that the giant gets killed. :laugh:  It seems ironic to sing the corps song, and then go out kill the giant. I mean Boston seems to have a thing about slaying giants (Quixotic 2016). It's always kill, kill, kill the giants in the shows. 

Couldn't they have a positive giant role model for a change? 

Edited by kkrepps
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

I'm loving this show, and I know it has to follow the theme, but it bothers me that the giant gets killed. :laugh:  It seems ironic to sing the corps song, and then go out kill the giant. I mean Boston seems to have a thing about slaying giants (Quixotic 2016). It's always kill, kill, kill the giants in the shows. 

Not all 'giants' are the same. Enjoy the Season.

1 hour ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I thought he looked a little undernourished, too. Feed that kid seconds and thirds of PB&J. 

LOL!  The stilts are deceptive...he actually is a very big guy!   :)

• Haha 1