Boston Crusaders 2019

9 hours ago, Ghost said:

Glad to see that the corps was still improving after the layoff.  Both Crown and Boston had six days off between judged shows with Crown improving 2.35 and Boston 3.5.  Saturday in Memphis, with SCV in the house, should be fun.

I'm confused, why wouldn't a corps improve after six rehearsal days? DCI needs to mandate a minimum number of shows in order to participate in the tour. Unfortunately, some corps can't afford the luxury of setting up for six rehearsal days without prize money from competitions. Gives an unfair advantage to corps that can afford to go for days without money from competitions.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, dans said:

I'm confused, why wouldn't a corps improve after six rehearsal days? DCI needs to mandate a minimum number of shows in order to participate in the tour. Unfortunately, some corps can't afford the luxury of setting up for six rehearsal days without prize money from competitions. Gives an unfair advantage to corps that can afford to go for days without money from competitions.

Let me relieve your confusion...I hope.  The days off were between judged shows as Orlando was a washout.  Neither Crown or Boston planned 6 days off like they got.  However, it appears both used their time well. and took advantage of some extra time.  The improvement piece is reflective of times when corps do take lengthy planned rehearsal time during tour (most do) but the next show's scores may not show it., or at least show what the corps thinks it should show.  Nevertheless,  the score may start bumping up right after the first one back once MM's get performances cranked, but often times the first one back from a long break doesn't show it.  I don't believe it is necessarily a money thing.

DCI doesn't need to mandate anything.  Corps manage themselves well enough when it comes to touring and shows and competitive needs.  We need to stop thinking DCI must fix everything even things that aren't broken.  All or most corps this year did reduce the number of shows and in most cases made time between shows as best they can and remain competitive.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ghost said:

Glad to see that the corps was still improving after the layoff.  Both Crown and Boston had six days off between judged shows with Crown improving 2.35 and Boston 3.5.  Saturday in Memphis, with SCV in the house, should be fun.

Crown is coming into tomorrow's competition following another 5-day layoff.  On top of the usual show adjustments and cleaning, they've been seeped in a boiling desire to make a comeback after their home show loss.  Be ready for a fierce competition between Boston, Crown, and SCV!  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dans said:

Does DCI also need to mandate the amount of time spent traveling between show days, then allowing the corps that make drives all the way down to places like Orlando the same rehearsal opportunity as the corps that spend 2-3 weeks getting across 2-3 states?

Edited by Musicman1084
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Let me relieve your confusion...I hope.  The days off were between judged shows as Orlando was a washout.  Neither Crown or Boston planned 6 days off like they got.  However, it appears both used their time well. and took advantage of some extra time.  The improvement piece is reflective of times when corps do take lengthy planned rehearsal time during tour (most do) but the next show's scores may not show it., or at least show what the corps thinks it should show.  Nevertheless,  the score may start bumping up right after the first one back once MM's get performances cranked, but often times the first one back from a long break doesn't show it.  I don't believe it is necessarily a money thing.

DCI doesn't need to mandate anything.  Corps manage themselves well enough when it comes to touring and shows and competitive needs.  We need to stop thinking DCI must fix everything even things that aren't broken.  All or most corps this year did reduce the number of shows and in most cases made time between shows as best they can and remain competitive.

Thanks for the response. However, I go back to my original question. Regardless of why the referenced corps had a six day rehearsal block, something is wrong if any corps doesn't improve from six straight days of rehearsal.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, dans said:

You are not really confused just being a contrarian. First you cry about the latest Cadets thread drama and say it should be closed. Then you wade on into the Boston Crusaders thread and try to start a argument about days off between shows.   :master:

I think or was told that DCI does mandate number of shows. Not sure if that is true or not. :peek:

I don't think the tour director or corp director would have been able to predict a rain out. How much more angry would you be if yesterday's show was washed out? :blow:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dans said:

Unfortunately, some corps can't afford the luxury of setting up for six rehearsal days without prize money from competitions. Gives an unfair advantage to corps that can afford to go for days without money from competitions.

The average number of shows for the Top 12 is 28.3

Boston is part of the largest group (5 out of 12) who are doing 27 shows. 

Cadets are doing the most, 32

Blue Knights are doing the fewest, 25.

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, E3D said:

You are not really confused just being a contrarian. First you cry about the latest Cadets thread drama and say it should be closed. Then you wade on into the Boston Crusaders thread and try to start a argument about days off between shows.   :master:

I think or was told that DCI does mandate number of shows. Not sure if that is true or not. :peek:

I don't think the tour director or corp director would have been able to predict a rain out. How much more angry would you be if yesterday's show was washed out? :blow:

Really? Nevermind, not worth my time and energy.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, dans said:

Really? Nevermind, not worth my time and energy.

Use of the word Cry😥😥 toooooo harsh for ya? 

You did complain about the ones posting there in your post right? :offtopic:

• Haha 2