Boston Crusaders 2019

29 minutes ago, Ediker said:

The average number of shows for the Top 12 is 28.3

Boston is part of the largest group (5 out of 12) who are doing 27 shows. 

Cadets are doing the most, 32

Blue Knights are doing the fewest, 25.

And while we're analyzing:

Bluecoats Spring Training Start: 5/15 (31 shows)

Phantom Spring Training Start: 5/15 (30 shows)

Cadets Spring Training Start: 5/17 (32 shows)

Blue Devils "Spring Training" Start: 5/17 (27 shows)

Crown Spring Training Start: 5/18 (27 shows)

Crossmen Spring Training Start: 5/17 (26 shows)

Boston Spring Training Start: 5/22 (27 shows)

Well that's hardly fair that the Bluecoats start their spring training so early! We should regulate how early corps can start in addition to the number of shows they need to perform, in addition to the number of days off they can take in between shows, in addition to how far they can travel between shows, in addition to ...

If a corps needs to rely on four additional show appearance fees to sustain their tour, they could always, I don't know, start their spring training a few days later? Four days of housing, meals, etc. can add up.

Edit for clarity: Quoted you to expand upon the point you were making. I'm sure as heck not a Boston homer, but come on now...

Edited by Musicman1084
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

55 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

Well that's hardly fair that the Bluecoats start their spring training so early!

Really terrible, I knew something like that was going on.

I'll work out a handicap system for spring training start dates, and bring a bullhorn to the stands next competition and announce the REAL score after each DCI official score. 

Everyone will like that and Mr. Crocker will probably invite me to sit with him at Indy. 

Edited by kkrepps
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, dans said:

1.  I'm confused, why wouldn't a corps improve after six rehearsal days?

2.  DCI needs to mandate a minimum number of shows in order to participate in the tour. Unfortunately, some corps can't afford the luxury of setting up for six rehearsal days without prize money from competitions. Gives an unfair advantage to corps that can afford to go for days without money from competitions.

1.  Was trying to be diplomatic since Boston had a larger gain than Crown after six days off.

2.  Are you in the "we need the government to take over xxxxxxx and zzzzzzzz duties from the private sector" camp?   DCI has done a horrible job over the years in addressing some issues.  The corps are what make DCI what it is.  Let them decide what's best for their organization.  Maybe certain concerns were discussed in January, but it should be the corps call.  The corps who have the financial resources do not need the money from three or four shows should not be penalized.  Maybe those corps who have financial concerns (and believe me there are some since they have they asked for loans from other corps.) should get their house in order and get the people on board to help the business side of the organization.  Do you think any of these "top corps" would not be scoring where they currently are if they had competed in another two shows at this point in the season? 

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

Really terrible, I knew something like that was going on.

I'll work out a handicap system for spring training start dates, and bring a bullhorn to the stands next competition and announce the REAL score after each DCI official score. 

Everyone will like that and Mr. Crocker will probably invite me to sit with him at Indy. 

I'm sending a letter to DCI and asking them to explain how the Bluecoats can start spring training any ole time they feel like it. I mean all that rehearsal and training before an actual performance is just not right. 

I note that the couchmen have not made that listing by musicman. From what I hear they are sitting out the season and will only perform their show (FakeNews) via webex for finals. TALK ABOUT A UNFAIR ADVANTAGE. Additionally considering they stole all the staff from LazyBoy (out of Canada no doubt) they are going to make a solid jump up in the standings this year. 

• Haha 2

Great score, BAC!

Sphincter-tightening weekend ahead.

Practice makes perfect and you never peak too soon.

Kill it! ••|•|•••

From the home turf:

tortoise-and-hare-statue.jpg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Ghost said:

1.  Was trying to be diplomatic since Boston had a larger gain than Crown after six days off.

2.  Are you in the "we need the government to take over xxxxxxx and zzzzzzzz duties from the private sector" camp?   DCI has done a horrible job over the years in addressing some issues.  The corps are what make DCI what it is.  Let them decide what's best for their organization.  Maybe certain concerns were discussed in January, but it should be the corps call.  The corps who have the financial resources to not need the money from three or four shows should not be penalized.  Maybe those corps who have financial concerns (and believe me there are some since they have they asked for loans from other corps?) should get their house in order and get the people on board to help the business side of the organization.  Do you think any of these "top corps" would not be scoring where they currently are if they had competed in another two shows at this point in the season? 

I remember back in 87 the sky ryders had some seriously POS buses and were stranded (DMV condemned their buses) in Colorado at the Rockies show. They stayed there for a week or 2? Can't remember as I was not a member but had a friend who marched with them. They show up in Allentown and got scores where they should have been. Of course they probably would have been much better if it was not for all the stress etc.  

2 hours ago, Ediker said:

Crown is coming into tomorrow's competition following another 5-day layoff.  On top of the usual show adjustments and cleaning, they've been seeped in a boiling desire to make a comeback after their home show loss.  Be ready for a fierce competition between Boston, Crown, and SCV!  

My thought is the eyes will be on the Crown/BAC match up. Is SCV places first, it will not cause much of a stir and the major interest will be whether BAC places ahead of Crown for a second time or how close Crown was to BAC. If SCV places second, it will be earth shattering for drum corps fans. If SCV places behind Crown and BAC, the drum corps community will all but explode. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tim K said:

My thought is the eyes will be on the Crown/BAC match up. Is SCV places first, it will not cause much of a stir and the major interest will be whether BAC places ahead of Crown for a second time or how close Crown was to BAC. If SCV places second, it will be earth shattering for drum corps fans. If SCV places behind Crown and BAC, the drum corps community will all but explode. 

Not enough duct tape available to keep it all together if that happens. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ediker said:

Thanks for expanding the conversation, and clarifying, but I don’t understand what I’m supposed to “come on” about. 

It’s not “ come on,” it’s “Come Together!”

(Sorry, I had to toss a little Bluecoats homerism into the mix.)

• Haha 1