Boston Crusaders 2019

8 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

It’s not “ come on,” it’s “Come Together!”

(Sorry, I had to toss a little Bluecoats homerism into the mix.)

Right Now!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Brilliant

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ediker said:

Thanks for expanding the conversation, and clarifying, but I don’t understand what I’m supposed to “come on” about. 

DKxJXLZUIAESLtq.jpg

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tim K said:

My thought is the eyes will be on the Crown/BAC match up. Is SCV places first, it will not cause much of a stir and the major interest will be whether BAC places ahead of Crown for a second time or how close Crown was to BAC. If SCV places second, it will be earth shattering for drum corps fans. If SCV places behind Crown and BAC, the drum corps community will all but explode. 

Very, very, intriguing match up.  SCV is technically very good.  They have no "weak" sections, but the show has not been reading well to audiences.  Crown's show has a playful quality (that will help it in the early season), and a sophistication (that will help it in the later season).  They are tough competitors.  It will be interesting to see where they land after this latest block of rehearsal days.  Boston's show is arguably the most accessible of the three, right now.  Guard and brass are definitely competitive.  If Colin has worked enough of his magic on the BAC percussion line, Boston could astound.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

He clarified it to me, privately, so we're all good.  Now, back to your favorite corps' thread!    :whip:   

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, E3D said:

You are not really confused just being a contrarian. First you cry about the latest Cadets thread drama and say it should be closed. Then you wade on into the Boston Crusaders thread and try to start a argument about days off between shows.   :master:

I think or was told that DCI does mandate number of shows. Not sure if that is true or not. :peek:

I don't think the tour director or corp director would have been able to predict a rain out. How much more angry would you be if yesterday's show was washed out? :blow:

He also got all offended that I made fun of Cadets' endless run of painfully literal shows so I'm not sure if it's as much contrarian as just generally whiny 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I don't have a prediction about this show tomorrow.  But, I will say that I am in touch with a handful of corps members on a regular basis and they keep telling me that morale is off the charts and that "tour is flying by".  Chris H and the BAC High Command in Hyde Park have made 'the member experience" the priority this year, and it would seem that they have been more than successful.

And yes, I cannot wait for tomorrow night.

Edited by craiga
  • Like 4

Can I safely assume without doing some Google work that the last time BAC beat SCV was...never?

28 minutes ago, craiga said:

I don't have a prediction about this show tomorrow.  But, I will say that I am in touch with a handful of corps members on a regular basis and they keep telling me that morale is off the charts and that "tour is flying by".  Chris H and the BAC High Command in Hyde Park have made 'the member experience" the priority this year, and it would seem that they have been more than successful.

And yes, I cannot wait for tomorrow night.

This is great! When they have a good time, the audience has a good time. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

He also got all offended that I made fun of Cadets' endless run of painfully literal shows so I'm not sure if it's as much contrarian as just generally whiny 

Yeah that's what I was trying to get at. Don't know how you can single out something like a few days off from competing when there are so many other factors to counter it. 

On another note, I just had some delightful smoked Gouda. I like some cheese with my wine, you know.

Edited by Musicman1084