Boston Crusaders 2019

7 hours ago, dans said:

I'm confused, why wouldn't a corps improve after six rehearsal days? DCI needs to mandate a minimum number of shows in order to participate in the tour. Unfortunately, some corps can't afford the luxury of setting up for six rehearsal days without prize money from competitions. Gives an unfair advantage to corps that can afford to go for days without money from competitions.

Blue Devils have doing the least amount of shows on tour for decades...lol

7 hours ago, dans said:

I'm confused, why wouldn't a corps improve after six rehearsal days? DCI needs to mandate a minimum number of shows in order to participate in the tour. Unfortunately, some corps can't afford the luxury of setting up for six rehearsal days without prize money from competitions. Gives an unfair advantage to corps that can afford to go for days without money from competitions.

Maybe DCI should also mandate that the corps that go on later at a competition have to stop practice earlier, so that the earlier corps get the same amount of rehearsal time....you can't be serious...LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Liahona said:

Blue Devils have doing the least amount of shows on tour for decades...lol

I sent a letter about them to DCI along with the bluecoats for starting spring training so early. This is all just so unfair and I lost the coordinates to my safe space / saftey pin hideout....... so it is stressing me out. Also I sent a letter to DCI about the rain and how they need to put a stop to it before these rain outs get out of hand. 

Edited by E3D
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dans said:

Yep, and it has been an unfair advantage for decades.

I just recently had a conversation about this with a friend and I still am under the impression that DCI has a min show appearance amount. Now I am really curious if they actually do. 

Agree that from the perspective if a corps has the funds to not appear at shows then it could be an advantage. But also we have to remember the corps still has to remember / practice what it is like to perform. That is also part of the dynamics here. just rehearsing all day and maybe doing a uniform run through is not going to cut it. 

3 minutes ago, E3D said:

I just recently had a conversation about this with a friend and I still am under the impression that DCI has a min show appearance amount. Now I am really curious if they actually do. 

Agree that from the perspective if a corps has the funds to not appear at shows then it could be an advantage. But also we have to remember the corps still has to remember / practice what it is like to perform. That is also part of the dynamics here. just rehearsing all day and maybe doing a uniform run through is not going to cut it. 

This year:

BD 25

Jersey Surf 20

Music City 24

If there is a minimum, I'd guess BD met it.

4 minutes ago, E3D said:

Thank you for the thoughtful and civil response. Much appreciated! 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dans said:

Thank you for the thoughtful and civil response. Much appreciated! 

I have waited a lot of years to see Boston in a position to have consistent talent along with a chance to mix it up with the top. A lot of years to see that the corps has the financial stability to mix it up with the top. I am not going to fault them if they now have the funds to park and rehearse as in something similar to the devils. 

Knowing my measly amount of contributions have done nothing towards the position they are in now but it sure makes me feel good to see it and enjoy it. 

BAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, E3D said:

I have waited a lot of years to see Boston in a position to have consistent talent along with a chance to mix it up with the top. A lot of years to see that the corps has the financial stability to mix it up with the top. I am not going to fault them if they now have the funds to park and rehearse as in something similar to the devils. 

Knowing my measly amount of contributions have done nothing towards the position they are in now but it sure makes me feel good to see it and enjoy it. 

BAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe

I understand...these are exciting times for BAC.

• Like 1