Boston Crusaders 2019

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I watched Boston from Crownbeat last night.  Whoa.  That’s cleaned up nicely.  The body movements they do are very effective.  

They are working hard.  They are also mixing in some free time.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Liahona said:

Blue Devils have doing the least amount of shows on tour for decades...lol

Exactly. I've made plenty of snarky quips about Boston's money in the past but they have been just that: jokes. In general, corps should not be shamed for playing in less competition and just in general being financially viable/successful. In fact, it should be something that is strived for if this activity wants to survive

And as others have mentioned, it is just as advantageous to participate in shows as it is to not participate in shows. If you participate, the members get experiencing performing under pressure with a big crowd watching and the staff get valuable feedback from the judges and the corps get some money. If they don't choose to participate, well they get time to practice. 

Any sort of trend of corps showing up to less competitions is self limiting. There's a certain threshold (and I don't know exactly what it is) where it becomes disadvantageous to perform in less shows so I don't really think it's a real issue 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, E3D said:

I have waited a lot of years to see Boston in a position to have consistent talent along with a chance to mix it up with the top. A lot of years to see that the corps has the financial stability to mix it up with the top. I am not going to fault them if they now have the funds to park and rehearse as in something similar to the devils. 

Knowing my measly amount of contributions have done nothing towards the position they are in now but it sure makes me feel good to see it and enjoy it. 

BAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe

Yes and no. Most people and organizations that make contributions with five, six, seven digits do not throw their good money after bad, and quite possibly may not care about winning a DCI title. Those that solicited the donations might, but donors want the money to go to a worthwhile cause and a strong donor base, both large and small  is important. The opposite can be true as well. Having larger donors can help prove that the organization is both solvent.

Boston Crusaders has not run to the bank when my donation arrives either, but they know donor support large and small matters. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Tim K said:

Yes and no. Most people and organizations that make contributions with five, six, seven digits do not throw their good money after bad, and quite possibly may not care about winning a DCI title. Those that solicited the donations might, but donors want the money to go to a worthwhile cause and a strong donor base, both large and small  is important. The opposite can be true as well. Having larger donors can help prove that the organization is both solvent.

Boston Crusaders has not run to the bank when my donation arrives either, but they know donor support large and small matters. 

As an alumnus, I am so happy too, to  help out and then receive a hand -written thank you. The communications are open and both sided. The staff have free-rein, and seeing the talented new generations carrying on the tradition make me very happy in my old age. Congratulations BOD/Admin. and continued financial stability and expansion/success!.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

A good cheese pun does make me melt, so if you have any others, brie my guest!

How gouda you.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Barneveld said:

The following is from the Louisiana Stars on their Facebook page, earlier today:

3 hours ago, Barneveld said:

The following is from the Louisiana Stars on their Facebook page, earlier today:

Stay safe, Louisiana..hoping Barry's fizzle. Have a great tour! Geaux Stahs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CorpwithanS said:

Stay safe, Louisiana..hoping Barry's fizzle. Have a great tour! Geaux Stahs.

Thankfully this is not a bad one. Should be good to go and dried out by Sunday. Right now the Crescent City is pretty much experiencing only a few scattered thunderstorms from the storm. 

• Like 1