Boston Crusaders 2019

I love the guard, probably my favorite of all shows.

Drums and brass sound really good.

Show concept is not over my head. Check.

My only compliant? I just don't like the Goliath character. *shrug* I think I'd like it better if Goliath was introduced at the beginning of the show doing something to make the audience root for his demise. Then goes away for awhile, then brought back out at the end for a battle, then death. 

Hopefully that sounds like constructive criticism. The improvement BAC has shown in 3 years is amazing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, lanceengland said:

I love the guard, probably my favorite of all shows.

Drums and brass sound really good.

Show concept is not over my head. Check.

My only compliant? I just don't like the Goliath character. *shrug* I think I'd like it better if Goliath was introduced at the beginning of the show doing something to make the audience root for his demise. Then goes away for awhile, then brought back out at the end for a battle, then death. 

Hopefully that sounds like constructive criticism. The improvement BAC has shown in 3 years is amazing.

This is a valid point, which does deserve some thought..

I think one of the reasons that Phantom 08 got so much emotional involvement was the underdog, oppressed feelings you would get from the Imperials, their mistreatment of the guard was portrayed from the second they stepped on the field.. It added to the drama and made it clear thematically what was going on.

Perhaps the design team didn't want to draw to many comparisons to Phantom but that does feel like an emotional link that is missing from the show that would elevate it to another level.

You want to root for David, but really emotionally there is no reason to.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

This is a valid point, which does deserve some thought..

I think one of the reasons that Phantom 08 got so much emotional involvement was the underdog, oppressed feelings you would get from the Imperials, their mistreatment of the guard was portrayed from the second they stepped on the field.. It added to the drama and made it clear thematically what was going on.

Perhaps the design team didn't want to draw to many comparisons to Phantom but that does feel like an emotional link that is missing from the show that would elevate it to another level.

You want to root for David, but really emotionally there is no reason to.

I agree with these points. Something is off with the Goliath character and people say it all the time whether they say he needs a weapon, a  different uniform, show up earlier, put up more of a fight, etc..  But the designers were clear that they did not want to present this show in a linear story telling way like they did with Wicked games and SOS.  I think what feels uncomfortable was really intentional by design.  if they show him early, build things up then kill him, they are back in a linear story.  It's probably a response  to the west coast story-less concepts. i'm not saying that's right or wrong, just part of the design. 

Edited by Den8uml
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, lanceengland said:

I think I'd like it better if Goliath was introduced at the beginning of the show doing something to make the audience root for his demise. Then goes away for awhile, then brought back out at the end for a battle, then death. 

100% agree. Because there is no setup, like you describe, David is like a matador in a bull fight instead of someone overcoming oppression. 

• Like 1

I have no doubt in my mind that the staff know what their doing, but some members got bumped off their hype train by the scores last night.  Don't stop BAC, DON'T STOP!  Today is a new day though (albeit a hot one) and I think BAC fans hope their efforts will be rewarded and David WILL beat Goliath in the final battle, when it truly matters.  

• Like 3

Onward and upward BAC!

••|•|••• Ro-ah ~

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuK9Gz5tsl47fKcQ5zF87

Edited by CorpwithanS
Waldo
  • Like 5

Spectacular season so far, Boston!  Keep up the great work....enjoy the annual TEXAS BARBEQUE and take San Antonio by storm!!

• Like 7