Boston Crusaders 2019

Hey, Liahona, we just drove through Norwalk the other day.

Fine photos BAC Media team. Thanks for posting, Liahona!

Great work in SAT... on to a yearly favorite BAC venue in the ATL!

And BAC team...ignore the seemingly more frequent scolding and 'lecture series' by the entitled. SOSDD

Carry on and take no prisoners.

••|•|•••

• Like 3

On 7/21/2019 at 12:46 AM, Ediker said:

It’s not just Jay Kennedy. Other judges have ranked BAC percussion down. Wish I understood what is going on in the percussion section. 

On 7/21/2019 at 1:37 AM, Ediker said:

Everyone trusts and loves Colin. Period.  Nothing wavers in that regard. Something is up though.  This may be his lowest ranked DCI percussion line ever. 

There was talk about the challenge of 10 snares and that Colin would never send anyone home in July.  Can TOTALLY respect that.  I’d rather come in 100th place than send a dedicated MM home.  

On 7/21/2019 at 1:03 AM, DCIat14 said:

I trust Colin, but man do these percussion scores have me on the edge of my seat.  The judges are either not liking the style, the balance, the cleanliness, bias, or a combination of all 4.  We have got to find a way to turn that around.  Sure would love to hear those tapes!  The corps did incredible tonight but just couldn't overcome the music portion.  Onwards & upwards!  Keep building a champion!

In my percussionist opinion, their issues is the same thing that cost them last year. The battery book is so aggressive and filled with notes it's just not as clean as everyone else.

• Thanks 2

I probably missed this somewhere but they've only had 3 tenors for the entire season. Is that a permanent hole for the rest of the season? The only appearance of the 4th tenor I've seen was in the preseason Vic Firth Learn the Music video.

3 hours ago, gbass598 said:

I probably missed this somewhere but they've only had 3 tenors for the entire season. Is that a permanent hole for the rest of the season? The only appearance of the 4th tenor I've seen was in the preseason Vic Firth Learn the Music video.

The injured quad was replaced two weeks ago and they hoped he would be ready for SA, but he has only the closing drill to smooth out.  Don’t know if a fourth quad is going to help the percussion scores that much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, gbass598 said:

In my percussionist opinion, their issues is the same thing that cost them last year. The battery book is so aggressive and filled with notes it's just not as clean as everyone else.

Your insight helps.

Last year, in SA, they were 7th. They then cleaned up to an impressive 4th at finals. Good to know they have plenty of material, and can water it down. 

watering down is such an ugly phrase...i prefer "make it more achievable.

or when i taught it was "hey remember that part you USED to play there?"

looking forward to seeing any tweaks to the show

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

The injured quad was replaced two weeks ago and they hoped he would be ready for SA, but he has only the closing drill to smooth out.  Don’t know if a fourth quad is going to help the percussion scores that much.

It won’t help but it might hurt for a few shows until he gets in game shape with a few uniformed show runs.