Boston Crusaders 2019

Enjoy your Final's week, BAC Staff/admin/MMs..  So very proud of all of you!!

Be a sponge; absorb all you need to, then go out there, focus and take no prisoners.

Safe journeys and travels, all.  Global BAC!

••|•|••• Ro-ah ~

Congrats to our other New England Corps and Open Class Champs from Nashua. Wicked!

Edited by CorpwithanS
New England
  • Like 5

44 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

We can tell now looking back that Colin pushed the limits this year when the trend was to go in the opposite direction. 

Does the number of snares/quads play into this new writing philosophy?

So now that the Finals Panels are out it seems like Boston will have a tough Friday night in the Music Captions that might put us behind Cavies, but the Finals panel seems good for us.. Here's hoping there's some movement from Friday to Saturday and our Corps finishing out the year strong.. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ghost said:

Does the number of snares/quads play into this new writing philosophy?

When percussionist talk about perfection it is generally harder to get 10 guys to play perfect than it is for 8 to play perfect... 

I would say that 10 was a risk and that it didnt help with how hard the book was.. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

So now that the Finals Panels are out it seems like Boston will have a tough Friday night in the Music Captions that might put us behind Cavies, but the Finals panel seems good for us.. Here's hoping there's some movement from Friday to Saturday and our Corps finishing out the year strong.. 

Bad when the judging depend on specific persons. Works both ways and I just wish it was better. 

• Like 1

So does anyone think that there will be a surprise change for tonight to boost the score? Like BD's surprise thing in 2000. Also, very random and off topic question, does anyone know why Gino never marches euphoniums? At Cadets (Although I think that there were a few euphs in the 2005 line), Magic of Orlando, SCV and BAC.......only baritones. While I love the sound of a good bari line and the color that is brings to a hornline, euphs and baris together are a whole other sound to be reckoned with. Ask Crown, BD, SCV and Phantom lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blakman7 said:

Also, very random and off topic question, does anyone know why Gino never marches euphoniums? At Cadets (Although I think that there were a few euphs in the 2005 line), Magic of Orlando, SCV and BAC.......only baritones.  

Is that his call, or the arrangers?

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

Is that his call, or the arrangers?

I think that it's his call. SCV has used euphs for a while but which year did they not use them......2004 when he was Caption Head. I'm not bashing the guy or anything. He was my caption head for a couple of years and I worship the guy but it's something that I have always scratched my head at.