Boston Crusaders 2019

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I was on my short hiatus so this is my first chance to say that Jim and I looked at each other at finals and said “that’s the best guard I’ve ever seen”.  

So how was the witness protection program?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, E3D said:

When I marched Chris did not play Contra but as I watched that video clip I thought it was him. Thanks for confirming it. Just a few lbs lighter. 

Having flashbacks to what I was doing during that time. I had just went through Desert Storm and Shield the previous summer  up until Jan 91, had returned to civilization and was sitting in the US embassy Japan. :lol:   thinking I should have marched 89 90 and 91 that would have a much wiser choice than joining the USMC and ending up in a desert. 

Thank you for your service.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I was on my short hiatus so this is my first chance to say that Jim and I looked at each other at finals and said “that’s the best guard I’ve ever seen”.  

Welcome back, best to you and  Seamus.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

The pasta was egg noodles 

Terri here started young, ( we have pics ) and is well trained in preparing superlative pasta egg noodles:rolleyes:

Image result for funny eating noodles gifs

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Ghost said:

Some of us had similar situations in the 60's.  When the Town Hall notified my parents that my draft notice was coming shortly, I went out the back door with the USAF (after basic and schooling) and spent 39 months in Deutschland.  Lost at least two years with Boston.  Two years when the corps was even better than 64-66.   But, as an Army Reserve officer, our Transportation Terminal Battalion ended up in SA after the 100 hour battle, loading the same ships we loaded in 12/1990 in Jacksonville, FL.  We all appreciate your service time E3D.

Should tottaly make sure to acknowledge the fact that back in the day then - there was not much of a choice. THANK YOU for the SERVICE TO THIS GREAT NATION. but seriously BAC IS  BETTER! I understand the comment about the ships in Saudi. I will not get into my exploits of circumventing customs on certain items LIBERATED from such places that surely passed through those ships! :offtopic:

15 hours ago, Ghost said:

I joined the USAF in Oct. of 66, after our D&BC season was over.  When I came home in June of 67, before heading to Germany, I learned that about 5 or 6 guys in the corps, enlisted with the USMC Reserves and did their BT during the Winter of 66/67.  If I hadn't lived about 10 miles South of Hyde Park/Lower Mills, I may have done the same thing.  No one from the corps ever told me about that option, or my draft notice was going to arrive sooner than theirs and I had to make a quick decision.  Since the corps was tight with the local politicians, I think the guys were given some slack on their weekend-a-month drills until their commitment was up.

You guys on the East coast were tight. Same in the place where I grew up - same Irish just a different accent. Not saying everyone was Irish just that the majority of the folks I grew up with were Scotts and Irish and their accents were not the same as the east coast. a little drawl to be certain. 

I think that is what makes BAC such a tight group. Regardless of race etc. there is a bond of brothers and sisters. It is a strange accomplishment for a corps that was once on the brink. But that very reason the people who came before the Holland trip, was The reason the corps was Giants to till today. 

Ok yes I made fun of 27 and their "we gave all we had and had nothing left to give". Just think if they would have had the means to continue on. not get taken by the DESIGN of it all. Who knows. Maybe Garfield would have never made it to where they are or were. 

Dino time out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mfrontz said:

Thank you for your service.

Thank you for the post! You from the granite state? 

3 minutes ago, E3D said:

It is a strange accomplishment for a corps that was once on the brink.  

For those (and I'm not one of them) who are well aware of the corps 78 years history , might say more than "once".

• Like 1