Recommended Posts

We might come in 1st. We might come in 6th.  I personally would love to see 3rd. 4th or 5th certainly wouldn't suck.  In any event, the table is set and WALDO is coming to dinner.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.. and the season is in it's 3rd week. Def going  to be fun to watch and follow.

Best to all the Corps, esp..those starting their season tonight.

A Hahty thanks to that great BOD,  Admin,  Alums,  Seniors,  Staff,  Vollies and those very talented members.

You make me very happy and very proud. Happy Seventy-Ninth!.

Have a great home show/visit and take no prisoners.

••|•|••• Ro-ah ~

Edited by CorpwithanS
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HOME SHOW TONIGHT! Hope to hear from some of you, and your thoughts after tonight...

 

I won't see them until July 5th at CrownBeat...I can't WAIT!!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2019 at 2:47 PM, Ediker said:

While surprising, I'm not losing sleep over the percussion results, at this time.  It appears some risks were taken with regard to percussion, which is fine... June is the time for that.  There is time between now and mid-July to make adjustments. 

While I 100% agree with this statement, it's kind of sad to realize that some of the extremely sexy and tasty writing that Colin McNutt did for this season has already met the hose 😔

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, blakman7 said:

While I 100% agree with this statement, it's kind of sad to realize that some of the extremely sexy and tasty writing that Colin McNutt did for this season has already met the hose 😔

Yeah, from what I’ve heard, it’s very ambitious to keep 10 snares tight, at this level. No doubt he’ll adjust his writing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ediker said:

Yeah, from what I’ve heard, it’s very ambitious to keep 10 snares tight, at this level. No doubt he’ll adjust his writing. 

#facts. Like everyone around here is saying, Colin and his staff will get them where they need to be. Cadets 2015 had 10 snares and was killing it in percussion throughout the whole season for the most part if I'm not mistaken and that line was freaking SOLID! So they'll be fine. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, blakman7 said:

#facts. Like everyone around here is saying, Colin and his staff will get them where they need to be. Cadets 2015 had 10 snares and was killing it in percussion throughout the whole season for the most part if I'm not mistaken and that line was freaking SOLID! So they'll be fine. 

Agree, totally.  Cadets15's percussion was robbed at Finals.  No lack of faith in Colin and his team.  I like that he took on something risky with the book and setup.  It takes you-know-whats.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ediker said:

I like that he took on something risky with the book and setup.  It takes you-know-whats.

The percussion staff must feel the mm that accepted the contracts can handle the book.  Does cutting out some of the difficulty hurt scoring a lot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ghost said:

The percussion staff must feel the mm that accepted the contracts can handle the book.  Does cutting out some of the difficulty hurt scoring a lot?

They only get credit for the difficulty when they achieve it.  It hurts scoring more to attempt and miss.  Nothing wrong with watering down until the achievement comes up.  The tougher stuff can always be re-introduced later, if the line proves ready.    

Edited by Ediker
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ghost said:

The percussion staff must feel the mm that accepted the contracts can handle the book.  Does cutting out some of the difficulty hurt scoring a lot?

I will quote Craiga here...

In Colin We Trust.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.