Boston Crusaders 2019

33 minutes ago, craiga said:

I don't have a prediction about this show tomorrow.  But, I will say that I am in touch with a handful of corps members on a regular basis and they keep telling me that morale is off the charts and that "tour is flying by".  Chris H and the BAC High Command in Hyde Park have made 'the member experience" the priority this year, and it would seem that they have been more than successful.

And yes, I cannot wait for tomorrow night.

Great news...agreed; cannot wait for Saturday night.

5 minutes ago, g00fyg00ber said:

Can I safely assume without doing some Google work that the last time BAC beat SCV was...never?

This is great! When they have a good time, the audience has a good time. 

no...I think BD is the only finalist corps BAC has nevah defeated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, g00fyg00ber said:

Can I safely assume without doing some Google work that the last time BAC beat SCV was...never?

This is great! When they have a good time, the audience has a good time. 

During the DCI era, Boston beat SCV at prelims and semis in 05.

Edited by Ghost
  • Thanks 2

On the never before defeated question...xandandl is correct. BD is the only active DCI World Class corps that Boston has never defeated. 

• Thanks 2

Also for the record, the last time BAC was in the top three conversation was in 1967, with Boston winning prelims and the Cavies in second and then the reverse placement during finals. Members of both of those corps would probably be in their 70s now.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

My thought is the eyes will be on the Crown/BAC match up. Is SCV places first, it will not cause much of a stir and the major interest will be whether BAC places ahead of Crown for a second time or how close Crown was to BAC. If SCV places second, it will be earth shattering for drum corps fans. If SCV places behind Crown and BAC, the drum corps community will all but explode. 

I'm not going to hold my breath regardless of what happens on Saturday, or even San Antonio.  A lot can change & BAC tends to make some pretty decent upward trajectory after SA.  They are sailing on Cloud 9 right now for the most part & I have to believe that any parts that seem "lacking" are just sitting in their back pocket waiting.  Colin, Chris, Gino, & the rest of this staff know what to do & how to do it!  Trust them implicitly!  Shoot, last year they added ocean waves!  

1 hour ago, craiga said:

I don't have a prediction about this show tomorrow.  But, I will say that I am in touch with a handful of corps members on a regular basis and they keep telling me that morale is off the charts and that "tour is flying by".  Chris H and the BAC High Command in Hyde Park have made 'the member experience" the priority this year, and it would seem that they have been more than successful.

And yes, I cannot wait for tomorrow night.

That sounds so familiar...isn't that strange :whistle: 🙂  

• Like 1