Boston Crusaders 2019

47 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

He could've marched there too... not really sure about that, X.   Alisko might know.

It was the Royal Lancers corps from the other side of town.  Refer to his speech of acceptance for the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame. DCP won't let me post the tube link.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, xandandl said:

I nominate you as Norm.

"daddy loves you"

:"it's a dog eat dog world and i'm wearing milkbone underwear"

"What's the story, Norm?" 
"Boy meets beer. Boy drinks beer. Boy meets another beer."

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Now that this 2019 Boston Crusaders thread has been completely derailed for the moment ( haha.. patience.. it'll get back on track soon ), Cliff Clavin, the Boston mailman in the old TV sitcom " Cheers ", marched Drum Corps. He was in the drum line for the St. Ann's Loyalaires, Bridgeport, Connecticut in his youth. Cliff ( real name John Ratzenberger ) here :

Related image

he was also in The Empire Strikes Back as an Imperial officer

• Like 1

On 9/14/2018 at 9:19 AM, Terri Schehr said:

Bummed that we don’t get to see the corps in Florida in February.  😕  

Me too..we'll miss seeing You and Hubby there as well. Boston will be there in Dec,  Jan. & April in Florida , but in Feb  ( your toes in the water vacation time ) BAC will be in Texas this season.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Too bad BAC's excellent color guard disappeared so mysteriously into the waves of 2018.

Hurricane Florence seems to have washed ashore a mermaid whose headgear would have been perfect for that disappearing guard.

Greenport's Maritime Festival kicks off with a parade

Edited by xandandl
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Ediker said:

Rats, so TX is the winter home now?

No,  Depending upon the Corps section,  Boston actually provides auditioneers several national sites for winter auditions now, including Calif, Texas, Indiana, Florida and Massachusetts. Boston will still have a Florida camp in December & January this winter ( and also another in April ). its advantageous to hear/ see prospective applicants out of doors in the audition evaluation  process, as well as conduct rehearsals ensembles with staff/ marchers in favorable winter environments.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2