Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Algernon said:

can't learn the drill

Somehow I don't think that's the case 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am very uncomfortable with any discussion about an individual performer.  Colin will put him in when the time is right. With over 190 drill sets and the certainty that the entire drum corps may not be working on a particular section on a particular day, working somebody in takes time.  Nothing to see here.. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, craiga said:

 Colin will put him in when the time is right.  

That's good to read C.  It means he will get in soon, but some close to the corps felt he would have already been marching. Better late with more comfort and confidence.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ghost said:

That's good to read C.  It means he will get in soon, but some close to the corps felt he would have already been marching. Better late with more comfort and confidence.

Just from 1 YT video I saw of some recent rehearsal footage (I don't know what date) The 4th tenor seemed to be doing fine on the chunk they were running of My Shot. I'll just say the tenor line wasn't the dirtiest thing in that rep. I'm sure it will be nice to have the hole filled but I wouldn't expect them to be any sort of savior on the percussion scores.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not expect any kind of score increase from adding the 4th tenor other than the fact the drill design will be more complete.  The scores will come with increased clarity. DCI sheets do not add points for additional players.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, craiga said:

I do not expect any kind of score increase from adding the 4th tenor other than the fact the drill design will be more complete.  The scores will come with increased clarity. DCI sheets do not add points for additional players.

Some posts have mentioned a better balance with the fourth quad.  Does that show up anywhere in the music captions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another big week for BAC!
Head to head with Cavs Wednesday  at Chester!
Home cooking at Lawrence Thursday!
Last one on Saturday at Allentown!

Eat em up Boston!

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boston is going to make some noise! 4th 5th or 6th, they are awesome!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.