Boston Crusaders 2019

8 hours ago, craiga said:

There is no group of percussionists and no percussion staff I would rather have that what we have right now. They are busting their tails every day with an incredible staff in front of them. Let there be no second guessing by anyone.  If you let a number define you, you've lost.  Eat 'em up, Boston. 

I agree they have the right people and this is more of a missfire with some unfortunate accidents. Although given the choice for percussion staff I'm choosing the Rennicks every time.

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

In a year, like the last few, where the percussion talent in DCI is off the hook good way down the competitive ladder, someone has to come in less than top 5.

6th now is like the old 3rd - in terms of percussion

• Like 2

10 hours ago, craiga said:

There is no group of percussionists and no percussion staff I would rather have that what we have right now. They are busting their tails every day with an incredible staff in front of them. Let there be no second guessing by anyone.  If you let a number define you, you've lost.  Eat 'em up, Boston. 

Sometimes it's the members who remind us all what it's truly about ❤️

So the last Percussion score of Tour bodes well For Boston..

Just that one change to get them into a respectable neighborhood had them in direct comparison with Cavies again after having close to a one point deficit the previous week.

Having watched them rehearse in Buffalo, The line has leaned out many parts of the show, and where still making tweaks to the show during that ensemble.. Discussing changes up coming for the final week... 

I believe this Design team learned alot about what it takes to compete at the highest levels in Modern day DCI this year and they will take those changes to heart going into their design meetings next year... (I hope)

I am still very proud of this corps 6th or 4th, they are still the most talented Corps that has ever been fielded in its history. 

Finish out the Year Strong and start working on 2020 next week...

Edited by Glenn426
  • Like 4

The staff knows the issues and said of DCI which is true of the Percussion judging now;

"Content doesn't matter anymore. Perfection is all that matters."

I would call this the Rennick / Broken City effect... You dont have to play a million notes. You just have to perfect what you play.

8 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

I would call this the Rennick / Broken City effect... You dont have to play a million notes. You just have to perfect what you play.

Is this mind set new this year, because the top percussion heads in DCI have been around for years?

Edited by Ghost

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

Is this mind set new this year, because the top percussion heads in DCI have been around for years?

I think things changed this past Spring when Broken City won WGI.

Broken City and Blue Knights style had been around for a couple of years, but had never won... Rennick has been winning for years with what many would consider an easier book than what BD, Cadets, Cavies had been offering for years.. But that style had still not broken into WGI. But Broken City won WGI and they dont play the craziest licks. They perfect what they play and have a swagger when they do it... 

Comparing Boston to themselves last year they are pretty similar in writing style, perhaps not taking as many risks in the writing last year as they do now.. We can tell now looking back that Colin pushed the limits this year when the trend was to go in the opposite direction. 

10 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

The staff knows the issues and said of DCI which is true of the Percussion judging now;

"Content doesn't matter anymore. Perfection is all that matters."

I'm glad they figured out the problem.