Boston Crusaders 2019

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

Cadets were never known as a bastion of financial responsibility, yet for years had top names. Money didn't drive staff like that away...and I am talking before Gino and Colin left. 

Well put. It’s not all about money. “Staff like that” are far more complex than some would believe. 

14 minutes ago, Ediker said:

Well put. It’s not all about money. “Staff like that” are far more complex than some would believe. 

taught some place where the bulk of the staff won 3 straight percussion trophies. Internal issues found us accepting an offer to go somewhere 5 hours away, and not for the money people liked to think. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dans said:

Doesn't change the fact that the big time staff was lured by money. 

Oh stop with the " money " canard. But if you insist, lets not forget that it was " money " that "lured" 7 Corps Directors into a secret room in 2010 to essentially attempt to extort all the other DCI Corps to take less " money " from shows, and redistribute to them more " money " . Fortunately, better heads prevailed, and in the end the " money " grab attempt was thwarted, DCI came through it strong, and out of those 7 Corps Directors, 6 have moved on and are not longer at the helm of these Corps. Presumably, some of these 6 former Corps Directors are making more " money" with that career choice they unilaterally made on their own to leave their Corps Stewardships too.  'Wish them well in their career decisions. No hard feelings to any of them .  Most People like to be payed more " money " for what they do for their work. No kidding. What a novel thought. As others have stated, it was a combination of factors that brought the staff to Boston, and just as importantly, there are other reasons  besides " money " that has kept them there, and presumably very happy to be there still with Boston.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i have said it before, i'll say it again, having talked to some of those now at Boston, formerly Cadets.....money helped, but the staff was looking to make changes in their professional lives to begin with. Money isn't everything. Money PLUS an environment where you're allowed to do your thing your way is the ultimate scenario. And honestly.....the environment was far more attractive.

I will repeat what I said, money was a big factor in acquiring their current staff. I received first hand information as well.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, LabMaster said:

For once and for all ....

If only ....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dans said:

I will repeat what I said, money was a big factor in acquiring their current staff. I received first hand information as well.

No, you crossed out “Boston” and replaced it with “Money”, which oversimplified what happened.  It’s insulting because it ignores the many years of sincere effort by the hardworking people who care deeply about the activity and dedicated themselves to building an organization worthy of top talent. It’s also insulting to the staff members, who sought better situations including, but going far beyond, the almighty dollar. They had many, many needs that were not previously being met. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Ediker said:

No, you crossed out “Boston” and replaced it with “Money”, which oversimplified what happened.  It’s insulting because it ignores the many years of sincere effort by the hardworking people who care deeply about the activity and dedicated themselves to building an organization worthy of top talent. It’s also insulting to the staff members, who sought better situations including, but going far beyond, the almighty dollar. They had many, many needs that were not previously being met. 

I actually agree with most of your statement.

8 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Oh stop with the " money " canard. But if you insist, lets not forget that it was " money " that "lured" 7 Corps Directors into a secret room in 2010 to essentially attempt to extort all the other DCI Corps to take less " money " from shows, and redistribute to them more " money " . Fortunately, better heads prevailed, and in the end the " money " grab attempt was thwarted, DCI came through it strong, and out of those 7 Corps Directors, 6 have moved on and are not longer at the helm of these Corps. Presumably, some of these 6 former Corps Directors are making more " money" with that career choice they unilaterally made on their own to leave their Corps Stewardships too.  'Wish them well in their career decisions. No hard feelings to any of them .  Most People like to be payed more " money " for what they do for their work. No kidding. What a novel thought. As others have stated, it was a combination of factors that brought the staff to Boston, and just as importantly, there are other reasons  besides " money " that has kept them there, and presumably very happy to be there still with Boston.

that attempted power grab was the genesis of the rise of Boston as an organization too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, dans said:

well yeah where they were was having money issues. staying on a sinking ship isn't always a wise business move