Recommended Posts

Wowza! This is going to be quite the year. I’ve seen four corps so far and every single one of them have amazing shows. Excited to see what BAC can do with this!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There seems to be a lot of power and grit in the show musically. The herald trumpet and trombone moment will be killer no matter where it is staged. I will wait and see it live, but for now the voice overs and the use of Rocky theme seems kinda forced. Don't care for the ballad at all. It seems to not take advantage of the talent in the horn line and just doesn't go any where emotionally. The other moments I am iffy about musically do not near match my concern for the ballad. While I get the context of the name of the song, "Everybody Wants to Rule The World", the tune itself  leaves me flat and I don't think it has enough melodic or harmonic content to make much out of it. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mirrormen said:

There seems to be a lot of power and grit in the show musically. The herald trumpet and trombone moment will be killer no matter where it is staged. I will wait and see it live, but for now the voice overs and the use of Rocky theme seems kinda forced. Don't care for the ballad at all. It seems to not take advantage of the talent in the horn line and just doesn't go any where emotionally. The other moments I am iffy about musically do not near match my concern for the ballad. While I get the context of the name of the song, "Everybody Wants to Rule The World", the tune itself  leaves me flat and I don't think it has enough melodic or harmonic content to make much out of it. 

Agree regarding the ballad. It needs to prove itself on the field, but there should be readiness to overhaul it, if necessary. In this standstill, it felt brief and easily missed compared to the other music. Wicked Games had a great ballad.  SOS’s was good, but a bit late and brief. Boston has no shortage of the hard driving moments. The right ballad, done well, will be crucial to balancing the emotional impact and the show’s overall success. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ediker said:

Agree regarding the ballad. It needs to prove itself on the field, but there should be readiness to overhaul it, if necessary. In this standstill, it felt brief and easily missed compared to the other music. Wicked Games had a great ballad.  SOS’s was good, but a bit late and brief. Boston has no shortage of the hard driving moments. The right ballad, done well, will be crucial to balancing the emotional impact and the show’s overall success. 

Same here. With so many great choices out there . . .  The words/title of the tune bring zero emotional value.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, westcoastblue said:

Same here. With so many great choices out there . . .  The words/title of the tune bring zero emotional value.

Will wait to see how the visual adds to it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone's opinion is valid, but I have the advantage of seeing the ballad in context with the visual package.  I am supremely confidant you guys will find it a great moment on the field. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, craiga said:

Everyone's opinion is valid, but I have the advantage of seeing the ballad in context with the visual package.  I am supremely confidant you guys will find it a great moment on the field. 

I would venture to say that the Voice-overs allows for character work from the Hornline/ Guard that wouldn't be possible if the Hornline was playing, All the while adding to the overall effect of the show.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, brassdude6171 said:

as far as i'm concerned, this show is medal-ing.

when i read Medal-ing my brain shifts to meddling , I think it has to do with the past couple of news cycle years. 

I'm like are they meddling with DCI pre slotting notions. :spitting:

Edited by E3D
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Minimaster said:

But of course when the only record of the events, the people, and the governments involved is the freaking bible, who knows if any of them actually existed in the first place. It most likely all just a made up story.

I will 🙏 for ya friend. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My question is: How much of this show will not make the DVD?  I can't imagine My Shot clips will make it, and the ballad is suspect. Sad, looks like a good one.  First goose bumps of the year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.