Boston Crusaders 2019

This show has some legs. It’s early, but if they flesh the story out more (as they do; Boston has been exceptional at this the last two years), it will be on fire by end of the season as it is fantastic now.  Every section really holds their own. My only few complaints-find a Goliath not on stilts( See tall person LD Bell HS 2007 show) and give me more of him. The only other thing I wish I could tweak is the uniform-the helmet goes too Marvin the Martian.  

DId the "My Shot" drum solo have electronics issues? I thought this was 2/3rds of a championship show, with that part sort of fizzling.  I mean, I get it Mr. Miranda, you would like to take advantage of your opportunity. But could you please shut up about it and let them play?

21 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

The only other thing I wish I could tweak is the uniform-the helmet goes too Marvin the Martian.  

I think they need to ditch the helmets entirely and go heargearless. They looked toy-like to me and cheaply made. Plus they didn't fit the women well at all. They all looked like Dark Helmet from Spaceballs. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I’m interested in how they choose to evolve and develop the show design wise (back half in particular) but they look and sound incredible.   Colorguard especially is just WOAH.  

The color guard looks like Carolina Crown North ( which I agree is awesome) . Matter of fact the whole look and feeL of BAC is Crown .. I see nothing of their old identity.. which I guess is ok ... but feels slightly disingenuous.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BWise said:

The color guard looks like Carolina Crown North ( which I agree is awesome) . Matter of fact the whole look and feeL of BAC is Crown .. I see nothing of their old identity.. which I guess is ok ... but feels slightly disingenuous.

Well.  Yeah.  The guard staff and program coordination are very similar because they were literally in the same roles at Carolina Crown.  Are they supposed to completely stray away from what they do best because they went somewhere else?   I feel like the shows have fit BAC pretty dang well.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

I’m interested in how they choose to evolve and develop the show design wise (back half in particular) but they look and sound incredible.   Colorguard especially is just WOAH.  

Yeah .. you do what you do best. But literally. It is CrownGuard .. maybe I’m bitter because Crown is having to re-build their guard ... we shall see .. interesting season coming up .. 

17 minutes ago, BWise said:

Crown does not own this Aesthetic. Keith Potter, Leon May and Michael Townsend do. The Designer will design to what they know.

By your Logic, Crown is Cadets South now, and that is just a slap in the face of the Designers who work so hard to develop and mold their craft.

• Like 4