Boston Crusaders 2019

28 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

Crown does not own this Aesthetic. Keith Potter, Leon May and Michael Townsend do. The Designer will design to what they know.

By your Logic, Crown is Cadets South now, and that is just a slap in the face of the Designers who work so hard to develop and mold their craft.

Crown still looks like Crown to me. .. all of the old BAC is gone. Zippo .

To a certain extent Crown does own it since they paid the staff for years and gave them the opportunity to mold that craft. I think they are great. .. nothing against the designers.

Suggest less of the one shot voices. More character development between David and Goliath. Goliath voice over of “come closer so I can see you” before David slays the giant. David needs a slingshot and Goliath should fall to the ground not the wall and the ground should rumble. Just saying! 

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, BWise said:

Crown still looks like Crown to me. .. all of the old BAC is gone. Zippo .

To a certain extent Crown does own it since they paid the staff for years and gave them the opportunity to mold that craft. I think they are great. .. nothing against the designers.

Honestly I didn't feel like the BAC of the 2000's had much of a visual/musical identity so while this particular production by them isn't my cup of tea, the fact that the crown design team has given them an identity to work with is an improvement

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Honestly I didn't feel like the BAC of the 2000's had much of a visual/musical identity so while this particular production by them isn't my cup of tea, the fact that the crown design team has given them an identity to work with is an improvement

Agree. BAC’s dang CG is incredible. And I’m a color guard freak even if I did play baritone. 

RE: "Crown Guard".  No it is not.  Out of 44 members only 5 marched Crown.  A lot of Pride of Cincy, and a good smattering of Blessed Sac and many others.

Edited by craiga
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BWise said:

The color guard looks like Carolina Crown North ( which I agree is awesome) . Matter of fact the whole look and feeL of BAC is Crown .. I see nothing of their old identity.. which I guess is ok ... but feels slightly disingenuous.

cappybara will agree with you. Oh wait... I see they have already. Ding. 🔔🔔🔔

Edited by E3D

46 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Suggest less of the one shot voices. More character development between David and Goliath. Goliath voice over of “come closer” before David slays the giant. David needs a slingshot and Goliath should fall to the ground not the wall. Just saying! 

I thought I heard a simulated amplified sound of a slingshot whirling at that point, but it was some other instrument that was hurled towards Goliath.  A sabre maybe? 

4 minutes ago, craiga said:

RE: "Crown Guard".  No it is not.  Out of 44 members only 5 marched Crown.  A lot of Pride of Cincy, and a good smattering of Blessed Sac and many others.

Having two of these folks tell us how crown the whole thing is funny. Maybe they don't know who blessed sac is? :spitting:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, craiga said:

I think they were referring to staff and the recognizable aspects of their design and influence, not to mention excellence.

• Thanks 2