Staff Merry-Go-Round 2019

32 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

After finding out that Carceras bailed during the offseason

Ah that explains why their visual program was not up to par compared to previous few seasons. He had such an impact on BK. 

8 hours ago, chris ncsu said:

The Clothmen?

Men of the Cloth?

1 hour ago, BrassTeacher said:

They haven't totally erased me yet:

https://ascendperformingarts.org/blue-knights-announce-2017-brass-staff-2/

It is amusing to me how this is considered "news", it is irritating to me that there seems to be some implication that I should have been/have been let go. The amusement comes from the fact that I came home a little after Memorial Day. It seems a combination of altitude and blood pressure was making both ankles swell significantly, and the next week the corps was going to be a few thousand feet higher in elevation. So I went home for awhile. After getting home, I found out one of my cats has inoperable cancer in his sinus passages (He's fine and happy right now, as long as one of us is here to give him his pain medication exactly every 8 hours). 

The Blue Knights is a wonderful organization, with wonderful kids (Let's face it, EVERY corps has wonderful kids!), and a great administration! I enjoyed my time there immensely. That said, I am looking for a new home that does not require spending large amounts of time at 5,280 feet above sea level.

If any of you have read this far, please remember folks that you are not only discussing real human beings here, but real human beings with real lives, and involved in an activity that they are very passionate about.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

As I head to my gate at the Indianapolis Airport, I am so, so, SO proud of the 2018 #bluestarsbrass members and staff. We have walked a path together for 3 years with a goal, and we achieved that goal last night. This season was for us, but it was also for all that came before us, particularly the past couple of seasons. Rest assured that WE WILL NOT STOP. The 2019 audition etude is written, the camp dates are set, the staff is returning, and we are ready to begin again with eyes on a new, higher goal. Very soon, watch for announcements regarding the 2019 season auditions. And now, I’m off to clinic the Youngstown State University Marching Pride, leading into a fall filled with judging, clinicing, and RECRUITING FOR THE 2019 #BLUESILVER #bluestarsdbc #FCO 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, BrassTeacher said:

They haven't totally erased me yet:

https://ascendperformingarts.org/blue-knights-announce-2017-brass-staff-2/

It is amusing to me how this is considered "news", it is irritating to me that there seems to be some implication that I should have been/have been let go. The amusement comes from the fact that I came home a little after Memorial Day. It seems a combination of altitude and blood pressure was making both ankles swell significantly, and the next week the corps was going to be a few thousand feet higher in elevation. So I went home for awhile. After getting home, I found out one of my cats has inoperable cancer in his sinus passages (He's fine and happy right now, as long as one of us is here to give him his pain medication exactly every 8 hours). 

The Blue Knights is a wonderful organization, with wonderful kids (Let's face it, EVERY corps has wonderful kids!), and a great administration! I enjoyed my time there immensely. That said, I am looking for a new home that does not require spending large amounts of time at 5,280 feet above sea level.

If any of you have read this far, please remember folks that you are not only discussing real human beings here, but real human beings with real lives, and involved in an activity that they are very passionate about.

Thank you. This is an annual thread ritual around these parts and I usually point this out to no avail. 

As always, I predict  no major changes at BD due to the 2nd place finish...the org is OK with that...we're OK with losing to SCV (gotta keep the trophy in California!)

SCV will likely keep the major people...duh!

Cadets probably the same, especially given how they overcame the Hop issue.

Mandarins...why would you change what got you into finals for the first time?

BAC....hopefully they'll keep everyone after the last couple of years....it's definitely working.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, garfield said:

Nothing's changed except an agreement to let the season finish and handle all this stuff when there aren't kids on the field.

Patience, young Jedi.

Tell my kids all the time “just because you aren’t part of the conversation doesn’t mean there isn’t  one being had.”  Frustrating because I like to know things too,  but usually this is usually the truth. 

Edited by Shewhois
Clarity
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

As I head to my gate at the Indianapolis Airport, I am so, so, SO proud of the 2018 #bluestarsbrass members and staff. We have walked a path together for 3 years with a goal, and we achieved that goal last night. This season was for us, but it was also for all that came before us, particularly the past couple of seasons. Rest assured that WE WILL NOT STOP. The 2019 audition etude is written, the camp dates are set, the staff is returning, and we are ready to begin again with eyes on a new, higher goal. Very soon, watch for announcements regarding the 2019 season auditions. And now, I’m off to clinic the Youngstown State University Marching Pride, leading into a fall filled with judging, clinicing, and RECRUITING FOR THE 2019 #BLUESILVER #bluestarsdbc #FCO 

Allow me to add my congratulations to the 2018 Blue Stars for their results in Indy and for having the courage to offer us the Carpenters program. It was a pleasure to see and hear that idea take the shape it did.

I have followed your (Wisconsin) Blues from afar, mainly because Dave Kampschroer, a snare drummer at the time, was one of my marching mates in Phantom Regiment in 1960. To have helped co-found the Blue Stars just a few years later in 1965 was remarkable. And then, in 1999, Dave served 1 year as director of the Regiment. What an impactful life.

Blue Stars, good luck in 2019.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A thread about potential staff turnover and no mention of Scouts yet. After the catastrophic show this season and a growing disproval by a lot of alums I'd be stunned if there weren't major changes made from top to bottom with Scouts.

• Like 1