Staff Merry-Go-Round 2019

10 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Or the Slouchmen.

My vote is Slouchmen.  More descriptive of the corps.

2 hours ago, 1956OPR said:

Allow me to add my congratulations to the 2018 Blue Stars for their results in Indy and for having the courage to offer us the Carpenters program. It was a pleasure to see and hear that idea take the shape it did.

I have followed your (Wisconsin) Blues from afar, mainly because Dave Kampschroer, a snare drummer at the time, was one of my marching mates in Phantom Regiment in 1960. To have helped co-found the Blue Stars just a few years later in 1965 was remarkable. And then, in 1999, Dave served 1 year as director of the Regiment. What an impactful life.

Blue Stars, good luck in 2019.

If you can look for the Stars playing Amazing Grace at a memorial for him! Brings tears to your eyes. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, swmstom said:

A thread about potential staff turnover and no mention of Scouts yet. After the catastrophic show this season and a growing disproval by a lot of alums I'd be stunned if there weren't major changes made from top to bottom with Scouts.

Finals scores were announced less than 24 hours ago. We have three months until rehearsal camps start up again. Give it time, things will happen.

23 hours ago, mfrontz said:

And here I thought you were going to say 'Some will stay at the same corps, some will go to a different corps, some will leave drum corps entirely, some will get their first corps job.'

Worked so well for your predictions

I don’t predict staff changes 

20 hours ago, soccerguy315 said:

Gotta find a way to get this story out... DCI is still "closing ranks" and it isn't good. More transparency is needed, not less. 

Until someone personally involved is willing to go on the record, no one will publish ####. It’s all rumor and innuendo otherwise. Sure everyone “knows it”, but no one involved will say anything. Great way for a paper to be sued out of business to appease some blood thirsty DCp posters 

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

And "Whoever has the best staff will win."

*ducks*

That’s been proven to not always be accurate 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Finals scores were announced less than 24 hours ago. We have three months until rehearsal camps start up again. Give it time, things will happen.

Yeah 2 years ago stuff was news before finals lol 

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:32 AM, chris ncsu said:

The Clothmen?

The uniforms/costumes will be amazing......

Edited by Old Corps Guy