Staff Merry-Go-Round 2019

On 8/12/2018 at 1:36 PM, skevinp said:

Lots of turnover in the cushion section.

Seems they will be sacking some in the cushion section and adding a Throw Cover section head. 

3 minutes ago, E3D said:

Seems they will be sacking some in the cushion section and adding a Throw Cover section head. 

Hope it makes the Monday morning quarterbacking more comfortable...

On 8/12/2018 at 12:36 AM, Cappybara said:

Whatever happened to that article that was supposedly coming out about a certain SCV staff/admin 

check USA today/Philadelphia Inquirerer tomorrow based on what Cavies mms and families were told at banquet on Sunday in Indy. supposedly 2006 or so.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

On a lighter note I hear John Williams will be scoring original music based loosely on the Indiana Jones series for a drum corps yet to be named.  Spielberg and his crew will build the set pieces and direct the stage production (for field). ILM will use blue/green screens to capture images and video against the corps, and the music and marching staff are yet to be determined.  Bill Gates is handling the negotiations. Stay tuned! :)

• Haha 4

On 8/12/2018 at 2:28 PM, Cadevilina Crown said:

What exactly was his position? His name does not appear anywhere in their staff listing.

It appears the whole Brass Staff section has been removed from BK's site. Don Taylor was high brass instructor. Chad Pence was brass caption head. I thought brass was BK high point this year. 

Drum Corps fans, including 90% of DCP'ers on here, are WAY more reserved in their criticisms and in their public comments than those staffers that work with 17-22 year olders in college sports are subjected too almost daily.. Holy Mackeral, go onto any college sports team's fan base discussion board. Read what fans are posting there regarding Coaches, staffs of teams perhaps not meeting expectations... heck read what is being posted about even 19 year old PLAYERS, to see what is being posted out there, 24-7. I don't make excuses for it., Its awful. Its brutal.  But its the nature of anonymous message boards. But you know what ? it has its good and bad aspects. Some of the most needed info to make things right, did not come from DCI, nor Corps press releases. They came out about initially on places like DCP/ Reddit.  Where do people think the story of the G7 plot in 2010 vs. DCI first surfaced and got out to DCI and the non DCI Corps ?. It initially came from a poster here on DCP, thats where...( including the Power Point Presentation info itself) So the internet fan base discussion boards in both sports and Drum Corps does have its moments of good and bad, as well as everything in between. Its not a place for the timid, that much is true.,

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

25 minutes ago, pbeau said:

It appears the whole Brass Staff section has been removed from BK's site. Don Taylor was high brass instructor. Chad Pence was brass caption head. I thought brass was BK high point this year. 

I wonder where they could all be going? :innocent: