Staff Merry-Go-Round 2019

7 hours ago, J.Keith said:

I rarely post on here because of this! I marched Cadets early 80’s and made a comment about yea still having “hop” on their YouTube main page front and center of page! These people circled the wagons and told me it was not him, when Einstein’s, a dirty blonde hair man with a beard addressing Corps was anyone else! I marched Cadets and still can call out things they need to address...some of these people I don’t think ever marched and it is sad how they go into attack mode when someone points something out.they have their DCI logos as their picture and that is fine, but I think it speaks to how wrapped up they are in all this! Sad bunch!!! My friend who also marched Cadets had a friend who was harmed by him and when she wanted to see this years unity show went to page and lost it to still see him on the video Cadets: you decide! They told me to alert someone with their social media. I told them I already did on instagram and YouTube....btw I never got a response back and it was like 6 weeks ago and his image is still there!  All this lip service from these people! They told me they are doing best they can? Really!!! You can’t find a minute to pull him at least from your main youtube page! 

No one here attacked you.  Your emotionally charged post included misleading statements and additional questions were required to figure out what you were referring to.  People were, under the circumstances, quite patient with you.

No one circled the wagons either.  I myself sent a message to their YouTube contact to call their attention to the situation, partly because after being asked twice if you had done so yourself, you failed to say that you had, referring instead to Instagram.  

Edited by skevinp
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, J.Keith said:

I rarely post on here because of this! I marched Cadets early 80’s and made a comment about yea still having “hop” on their YouTube main page front and center of page! These people circled the wagons and told me it was not him, when Einstein’s, a dirty blonde hair man with a beard addressing Corps was anyone else! I marched Cadets and still can call out things they need to address...some of these people I don’t think ever marched and it is sad how they go into attack mode when someone points something out.they have their DCI logos as their picture and that is fine, but I think it speaks to how wrapped up they are in all this! Sad bunch!!! My friend who also marched Cadets had a friend who was harmed by him and when she wanted to see this years unity show went to page and lost it to still see him on the video Cadets: you decide! They told me to alert someone with their social media. I told them I already did on instagram and YouTube....btw I never got a response back and it was like 6 weeks ago and his image is still there!  All this lip service from these people! They told me they are doing best they can? Really!!! You can’t find a minute to pull him at least from your main youtube page! 

The ridiculousness of this all is just plain silly.  Should we censor all the DCI championship videos of Cadets too, because you can see GH pacing the sidelines?  What a waste of time and energy this is.  Sweeping GH under carpet and erasing him from history doesn't do anything to move the conversation FORWARD.  

Edited by Tommeee
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

The ridiculousness of this all is just plain silly.  Should we censor all the DCI championship videos of Cadets too, because you can see GH pacing the sidelines?  What a waste of time and energy this is.  Sweeping GH under carpet and erasing him from history doesn't do anything to move the conversation FORWARD.  

Maybe not, but it's the wise thing to do if you want to distance yourself from him and the things he's been accused of doing (and may wind up being convicted of). It's certainly NOT silly or a waste of time to put the best face on your organization in all manner of media and online branding. It doesn't erase him from their history, but it does show that he no longer is in any way associated with the corps.

Edited by seen-it-all

5 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Why are people harping about others making comments on what they notice and accusing them of trolling or stirring the pot.  Maybe this thread should be closed down if everyone is going to be so sensitive.  I just see it as some people trying to share their two cents.  This thread is already proving from real staff member posts that perhaps we as a forum are crossing the line.  I think we can be civil about it, but when we jump on each other, it's no better than the speculations that are being made in this thread about staffing next year.  

Exactly what I was thinking. How is someone supposed to just know that a corps always takes down their staff list each season? 

Tact in a thread like this is obviously necessary but you cant be so oversensitive as to stifle all potential news/rumors whatsoever. Otherwise, this thread has no point. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Exactly what I was thinking. How is someone supposed to just know that a corps always takes down their staff list each season? 

Tact in a thread like this is obviously necessary but you cant be so oversensitive as to stifle all potential news/rumors whatsoever. Otherwise, this thread has no point. 

I know that until 2014, the Bluecoats took down the previous year's staff page immediately after finals.  Since then it has been kept up and modified as necessary during the pre-season.

And it is no big deal how a corps decides to do this.  Eventually there will be official announcements and we can all know what's up.  Speculation between now and then is fun, but not especially serious.  The "what if" game is fun.

4 hours ago, skevinp said:

No one here attacked you.  Your emotionally charged post included misleading statements and additional questions were required to figure out what you were referring to.  People were, under the circumstances, quite patient with you.

No one circled the wagons either.  I myself sent a message to their YouTube contact to call their attention to the situation, partly because after being asked twice if you had done so yourself, you failed to say that you had, referring instead to Instagram.  

You seemed then, as you do now, more interested in exaggerating the issue and demonizing others, while painting yourself as some kind of martyred hero, than working to resolve the problem.

I appreciate you doing that.I commented on youtube and Instagram! Guess it is emotional for me because I saw In my Cadets friends eyes about 6 weeks ago the pain his best friend was going through by seeing that thumbnail! I apologize to all if I offended ! I just am in mindset that even if I marched Cadets one year, I want what’s the right thing to do...I know you all do too! I know you can’t eliminate him from everything, but to not even to get a response when the comment mentioned a former Cadet victim seeing it and really having a hard time and for it to still be there....I don’t know. I keep thinking if it was my daughter I would want that crap taken down. As I said I no longer have anything to do with Cadets, but am very proud of this Corps! Like you all are!

5 hours ago, George Dixon said:

oh boo hoo. No one "attacked you" -- we just asked where/what video as you kept saying it was a thumbnail on the main page and when I (and others) checked the main page we didn't see a thumbnail with him

later - i watched a video that he was in - volunteers being inducted into the Cadets HOF several year's back

I'm in complete agreement that he needs removed from all their materials

Now that season is over and they are back in the office I hope (and expect) that's quickly the case

Anyway-  maybe send a follow up email? Couldn't hurt - might help!

George

George, thank you for that! I guess it is very personal for me because as I said, to see tears coming down a grown mans face because he has been there and helped his best friend get through a few rough decades! I just feel any Cadet he hurt should not be able to see that mug on its main page! I know you do too....you all do! Peace

54 minutes ago, J.Keith said:

How dare you call me a martyred hero...just trying to get down crap that someone he harmed was able to see....you are a pathetic person for even saying that! You have no idea who I am and what my intentions were! Just trying to help someone...that is all

Alrighty then.  I said it seemed that way, and that was based on your words and actions.  I apologize if I misinterpreted those words and actions, and understand that emotions may have affected that way you represented things.  I will remove that part of my post.

Edited by skevinp

Oh geez... shut this down already.:fight::offtopic::tongue:

• Like 2