Staff Merry-Go-Round 2019

27 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

Not all of them....in the top corps, the average age is 18+...closer to 20.

The problem is you;re presuming everyone's a borderline abuser, and -- Hop aside -- that is not always the case.  You cannot simply tell someone to #### their rights if they want employment because you tar them with the wide brush.

If they've been accused in the past I might agree...but not for a first-time instructor trying to get his foot in the door.

The presumption of innocence until guilt is proves is ALSO a civil right....you can't just waive one of them.

We're drum corps....not Minority Report.

If someone places “their rights” above common sense prevention measures in a youth activity, they can seek employment elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Somehow this response was even more emotional than everything else you posted 

I guess if you knew someone who was ruined by this man, you might understand where emotion comes from! He ruined the lives of many young women and if that gets one emotional, then guilty as charged! I will not ever apologize for that and I hopefully know you wouldn’t!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

If someone places “their rights” above common sense prevention measures in a youth activity, they can seek employment elsewhere.

Common sense is one thing....presumption of guilt is another.

• Like 2

:offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic:

• Haha 1

Just a quick note from one of the mods (me, that is)...

Please be careful what you post as far as rumors are concerned. 

Even more...please keep the thread on topic as much as it can be...that is...keep it focussed on 2019 staff changes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:37 AM, Slingerland said:

permission to contact their superiors for verification and discussion of their previous experience.

Applying for a new job today. HR Departments screen job prospects in the first interview. Their job is to eliminate you as a perspective employee if they can. They ask for your social media passwords you can refuse. If you do refuse you loose out to any other prospect of equal abilities that complies, who is passed onto the hiring manager and your out. FB and such can tell more about you than a background check. Corps should and may already do ask for these passwords, say no and red flags should go up.

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:39 AM, Slingerland said:

There is no "civil right" to hide a history of sexually or otherwise inappropriate behavior

Just getting ones home address today is enough to see if they are the sexual predator list. You don't want one of them red dots associated with you. 

7 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Applying for a new job today. HR Departments screen job prospects in the first interview. Their job is to eliminate you as a perspective employee if they can. They ask for your social media passwords you can refuse. If you do refuse you loose out to any other prospect of equal abilities that complies, who is passed onto the hiring manager and your out. FB and such can tell more about you than a background check. Corps should and may already do ask for these passwords, say no and red flags should go up.

Well I can tell you corps do monitor and there have been a few MMs sent home during the tour after some warnings. I know this 1st hand

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

Well I can tell you corps do monitor and there have been a few MMs sent home during the tour after some warnings. I know this 1st hand

Pretty much thought they would already do that, does it apply to the staff and volunteers as well?