Staff Merry-Go-Round 2019

4 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Pretty much thought they would already do that, does it apply to the staff and volunteers as well?

yes BUT it's usually a MM , Volunteers are so busy most of the time and staff usually stays quiet about either issues or other staff. Some( not all or even many ) want to share their innermost emotions, especially if they had a bad day for whatever reason ( usually a staff confrontation of some sort) a few times that I do remember a member is warned BUT there have been some that just don't take the warning.

Edited by GUARDLING

15 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

yes BUT it's usually a MM , Volunteers are so busy most of the time and staff usually stays quiet about either issues or other staff. Some( not all or even many ) want to share their innermost emotions, especially if they had a bad day for whatever reason ( usually a staff confrontation of some sort) a few times that I do remember a member is warned BUT there have been some that just don't take the warning. 

Thank You, I get the not taking the warning I had  teenager. Was called into school for a conference, they told me his excuse was I had Nam flashbacks (never did) and the only thing that fixed it was a ton of beer and loud drum corps late into the night that's way he couldn't complete his homework. I replied Drum Corps abuse bet you get that a lot, they were stunned.

Edited by Bluzes
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Bluzes said:

Thank You, I get the not taking the warning I had  teenager. Was called into school for a conference, they told me his excuse was I had Nam flashbacks (never did) and the only that fixed it was a ton of beer and loud drum corps late into the night that's way he couldn't complete his homework. I replied Drum Corps abuse bet you get that a lot, they were stunned.

lol...Oh My,

I will tell you, no member was ever ( as far as I know ) sent home without MANY warnings. I do remember, I think it was in 2011, a guard captain sent home 3 weeks before championships, Sad it even had to happen but after at least 4 or 5 warning, something had to be done. sad

29 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Well I can tell you corps do monitor and there have been a few MMs sent home during the tour after some warnings. I know this 1st hand

True. Corps Mgt have been known in the past to send staffers packing too when they violate the rules. So its not just MM's that are sent packing when they violate the rules.

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

True. Corps Mgt have been known in the past to send staffers packing too when they violate the rules. So its not just MM's that are sent packing when they violate the rules.

Yes that has happened BUT the poster was asking my experience not what others were doing. But thanks yes there have been staff at times sent also.

Recently there was chitchat at dcieast that in ‘14 or ‘15 one female DM and a male admin were having an affair. Both were over 21, went to work on the management side in Allentown and live together after tour.

Not that any of that matters now. Names aren’t important.

Speaking hypothetically...

What if a current Drum Major has an unpursued allegation from their hs or college that wasn’t reported to the drum corps due to board of education pressures? or let’s say it was, then what?

I certainly don’t care, yet,  Rules are rules? 

I guess my question to all of you in the know, how would that get handled if it had become public knowledge then? What if this happened in the 90s or 80s before instant information, cell phones became cameras, everything was available in your hands and your private affairs got out?

Is this next article all speculation and 1sided information? 

Disclaimer- I do not approve of any of the disgusting, power seeking, forced actions, I just don’t understand how a newspaper prints a one sided series. My teenage years news was news and there would be followups and updates. 

ned

Edited by Drboned
Punctuation

11 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Different rule, but I remember a certain mellophone tech in 94 not being with the corps after Dan Farrel noticed that he’d added some musical flourishes to the mello part. (This was during warm up arc. “Mellos, what the hell was that?”) We weren’t really sure if he was sent home or it was just a coincidence but he wasn’t there the for the rest of tour. Granted, things worked out for him in the end. :wink: 

1 hour ago, year1buick said:

Different rule, but I remember a certain mellophone tech in 94 not being with the corps after Dan Farrel noticed that he’d added some musical flourishes to the mello part. (This was during warm up arc. “Mellos, what the hell was that?”) We weren’t really sure if he was sent home or it was just a coincidence but he wasn’t there the for the rest of tour. Granted, things worked out for him in the end. :wink: 

His initials wouldn't happen to be JDS, would they?

Boerma just announced he is resigning from the Scouts. :(

• Sad 1