Staff Merry-Go-Round 2019

On 8/13/2018 at 6:15 PM, pbeau said:

It appears the whole Brass Staff section has been removed from BK's site. Don Taylor was high brass instructor. Chad Pence was brass caption head. I thought brass was BK high point this year. 

Oh for Pete's sake. BK has removed the entire staff roster from its site, just as several other corps do at this time of year.

Don already was forced to come into this forum and defend himself, explaining that he left BK in May for health reasons. So, A) it's not a dismissal and B) it happened 3 months ago, before the competitive season even began.

Meanwhile, a 10-second search on Facebook shows that Chad Pence is eagerly looking forward to 2019 with BK.

I hate this thread every year.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Maybe it’s time to restrict this annual thread to announced moves vs conjecture? Ie cite your sources???

We all know how volatile this thread can be every season....BUT I get your point though...

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Maybe it’s time to restrict this annual thread to announced moves vs conjecture? Ie cite your sources???

I thought that used to be the case but it seems like we’ve gotten away from it.

1 minute ago, year1buick said:

I thought that used to be the case but it seems like we’ve gotten away from it.

I seem to recall someone made a separate thread in the past that had to be sourced...but I may just be not remembering correctly...

32 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Oh for Pete's sake. BK has removed the entire staff roster from its site, just as several other corps do at this time of year.

Don already was forced to come into this forum and defend himself, explaining that he left BK in May for health reasons. So, A) it's not a dismissal and B) it happened 3 months ago, before the competitive season even began.

Meanwhile, a 10-second search on Facebook shows that Chad Pence is eagerly looking forward to 2019 with BK.

Yeah we may all hate it...but we visit it every year.  Like the good gossip mongers that we are.  LOL.  I do wish though,  that instead of rumor and innuendo, what is written has some basis in fact.  Maybe no "sorta" name dropping where the inference is left out there without a name.  Like "hey a corps from the (name the region) was doing such and such".  well if you go so far as to spread the rumor, state facts or say nothing until you have facts.

No drinking and posting in this thread.

• Haha 1

Here's a question to semi get us back on topic:

Why are so many drum corps trying to get "a big name" instead of some young fresh talent that are hungry to climb the ranks?

Look at Mandarins going from 17th to 10th in two years with a relatively unknown design team on the visual side. I mean that in absolutely no disrespect to these people!! They did amazing work!!! My point being if Mandarins had went with "big names" while not getting their 100% attention would they even be in the place they are in competivitely? 

I could see the desirability of getting these big names but some drum corps have nothing else to lose. Why not double down and try to win the jackpot like Mandarins? Good design is good design regardless of the name attached to it.

Edited by leadsop04
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

i only post something if people publicly post it

5 minutes ago, Sideways said:

No drinking and posting in this thread.

well ####. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1