Staff Merry-Go-Round 2019

7 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Wonder who the teacher's union supports in most elections?

Depends on who the fifth graders elect anyway. Why confuse things?

Just now, MikeD said:

Be interesting to do the math and see what happens. Certainly today, with move-in and spring training, the time is more focused and dedicated to just doing drum corps. We had scholastic and other things happening back in the pre-DCI day that also required focus and time.

Certainty a different model . Would like to know on a time basis whether the danseurs hip (replacement) hoppers practiced as much as today.

Obviously, the way it's done now develops a better show.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soccerguy315 said:

maybe Crossmen should give him a call?

Markworth does well enough there. I never get the disdain for Crossmen music packages these last few years.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Markworth does well enough there. I never get the disdain for Crossmen music packages these last few years.

Yea not sure what input he has on design choices but maybe a change could put them back on track; but other people probably need to change for that to happen. Seems like Crossmen have decided to be a bad Phantom Regiment (which is a spot that is already filled by the current version of Phantom Regiment, unfortunately), instead of a corps that grooves and leaves you humming awesome melodies. 

edit: that's probably OT, so... sorry. lol

Edited by soccerguy315
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Lance said:

nobody on any corps staff "has" to defend themselves in this thread.

but wait, no staff if any corps pay attention to dcp or take it seriously anyway, i thought? right?  

True, but one particular post (which apparently has been deleted) was so inaccurate and potentially damaging that it had to be addressed.

3 hours ago, soccerguy315 said:

maybe Crossmen should give him a call?

Crossmen have, in my opinion, the best young arranger in DCI.  The only arranger I know of that does BOTH brass and percussion.  Their music books the past few years have been among my favorites. 

I also think, speaking of young arrangers, that Phantom's Will Pitts is getting to be very good.

Edited by oldbandguy
  • Like 1

Sean Phelan - Resignation as brass caption head! 

This morning, I tendered my resignation from the brass staff of the Madison Scouts drum and bugle corps. For twelve years, my association with this organization has been among the most formative, rewarding, and definitive experiences of my entire life. As a member and then as an instructor, I've had the privilege of working with some of the best people in the world. They have made me into who I am and continue to challenge and inspire me to do even better.

I will forever cherish the trust placed in me by my mentors, students, and colleagues this past year and through the whole span of my time teaching. I see in the members and the culture of self-improvement and cooperation that they embrace so much that the world so desperately needs these days. The Madison Scouts have some great times ahead of them, and I'll enjoy continuing to be their biggest fan.” 

A great member when he marched and staff member since aging out! 

-LIA

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

Crossmen have, in my opinion, the best young arranger in DCI.  The only arranger I know of that does BOTH brass and percussion.  Their music books the past few years have been among my favorites. 

I also think, speaking of young arrangers, that Phantom's Will Pitts is getting to be very good.

I think David Glyce for the BD also does full scoring! 

I think....

3 minutes ago, lifeisaround said:

I think David Glyce for the BD also does full scoring! 

I think....

Does Glyce do all of the writing for BD? I thought John Mehan (brass) and Scott Johnson (perc) also do some of the arranging.  You are probably correct the Glyce does both brass and perc, but I don't think he does it all.