Staff Merry-Go-Round 2019

1 hour ago, MarchEd said:

OC has their own whistleblower submission available online. Reports were submitted online anonymously and just a few hours later, after a show, the director told the media team to stop recording and he announced that people used the online whistleblower form and proceeded to berate all the members for not coming directly to him. Needless to say members were even more scared to rasie any concerns about anything after that incident. Suffice it to say, alot of future music educators in the group learned lessons of what not to do as a music educator. Apologies for going down this rabbit hole on this thread!

There is a lot of context being left out of this summary, just saying

17 minutes ago, meech1619 said:

There is a lot of context being left out of this summary, just saying

the video interviews and film which this Oregon corps presents on the DCI Corps Announcements page today varies greatly with reactions, commentary, and issues reported by cmms on Reddit, Facebook, and non-offical sites. Saving face or did the DCI editor try to put a spin on a disputed situation?

On 8/23/2018 at 11:18 AM, BRASSO said:

I don't know, but I just might need a stiff drink... and its not yet noontime.

You can’t drink all day unless you start in the morning!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

On 8/14/2018 at 4:55 PM, BoyWonder1911 said:

I'm waiting for the day a corps decides to use a computer program to design a show. Solely a computer program. As in, the computer itself designs the show.

It will happen.

Maybe 20 years from now, but it will happen.

On an unrelated note, I can't wait for the day computers are added to the justing panel.

2.5 - 3 years.

Actually I was there for this meeting and I can honestly say that the director did NOT berate the members for using the Whistleblower form. He spoke to the members about the mis-use of the Whistleblower policy for those who wished to complain about being on the field lining crew and having to wake up one hour earlier than the rest of the corps & for an individual complaining about her vegetarian meals. His point was that he personally didn't receive the Whistleblower responses, so it didn't do any good to submit. They only went to the ED & board president. If they were unhappy, all they had to do was go tell him and he would try to fix the problem(s). By the way, the very next day he hired a 4th paid cook just for the vegetarians and vegans, because he ACTUALLY cared.

Edited by DCI Advocate
  • Like 2

On 8/25/2018 at 7:27 AM, DCI Advocate said:

If they were unhappy, all they had to do was go tell him and he would try to fix the problem(s). By the way, the very next day he hired a 4th paid cook just for the vegetarians and vegans, because he ACTUALLY cared.

Thank you for this.  It makes total sense and sounds like what I would expect of PQ, especially calling into question the appropriateness of using the WP over simple complaints about food or having to get up too early.  I haven't a clue what the details are of what went down with OC, but I know this corps, and I know the director and at least some of the board.  This is a caring group of people who, to the best of my knowledge, have always put the member experience FIRST.  

I say this in strong support of the Oregon Crusaders who have always had their act together...  and it will take some strong evidence to convince me that they don't continue to have their act together.

Edited by luv4corps