Staff Merry-Go-Round 2019

21 hours ago, BRASSO said:

However... the " Madison alums " had nothing at all to do with the recent placement slippage with the judges, nor the show enjoyment slippage with most Drum Corps fans, with the last 2 year's  show productions from the Madison Scouts. Changes were essential here in order to stop the slippage and attempt to reverse course.

I agree.. but as I pointed out in my post last night... the alumni overreaction ultimately impacted the performance.  They heard what was being said and I think it ultimately took its toll on them. Not saying they didnt try and not saying they gave up. They were put in the middle of it and I think many of them just couldnt wait till their season was over because of it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GeneralFFect said:

I agree.. but as I pointed out in my post last night... the alumni overreaction ultimately impacted the performance.  They heard what was being said and I think it ultimately took its toll on them. Not saying they didnt try and not saying they gave up. They were put in the middle of it and I think many of them just couldnt wait till their season was over because of it.

Since you have no post here from last night, you will need to clarify.  Are you seriously saying that a few alumni critics here on DCP caused the MMs to perform worse than they otherwise would have?

1 minute ago, cixelsyd said:

Since you have no post here from last night, you will need to clarify.  Are you seriously saying that a few alumni critics here on DCP caused the MMs to perform worse than they otherwise would have?

I didnt say it came from here... The comments were coming from the alumni facebook page, which the corps shut down.

The post I was referring to was on my website generalffect.com 

All I know is that the corps came out of the gate with 15 other corps performing better than them (IMO), and that is how it stayed all year.  For alumni critics to have caused that, they would have to have piled on before the season started.  If that was the actual chronology, then you have a case.

31 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

All I know is that the corps came out of the gate with 15 other corps performing better than them (IMO), and that is how it stayed all year.  For alumni critics to have caused that, they would have to have piled on before the season started.  If that was the actual chronology, then you have a case.

Alumni can be the best thing a corps has ( and mostly is ) BUT they can also do internal damage..and a few have, some corps got smart about it, a few not so much. It happens

There are many reasons corps don't do well, bad design, bad teaching, the inexperience of MMs and or staff, archaic thinking, MONEY, and yes alumni can play a part . in it. Internal issues can damage even the best of corps. After several years of things that don't work one has to look inward to find the issues.

Edited by GUARDLING

According to Brad Kerr Green's website, he is currently the brass arranger and caption supervisor for Pacific Crest. 

In 2018 Doug Thrower was arranger, so looks like a change there.

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

surprising in some ways about SCVC, others not so much.

Some nice newer faces taking over at some places. good for the activity

Agree. Probably best for the activity that Open Class remains more regional and World Class remains national. Allows the younger members to get back to high school on time and such as well. 

While SCVC, BDB, Legends, Spartans, etc have proven they have the capacity to hang with some of the bigger dogs, I'm not sure I like the idea of Open Class becoming World Class (or trying to). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeneralFFect said:

more than alumni spoke about the show. kids openly mocked it on Reddit

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

more than alumni spoke about the show. kids openly mocked it on Reddit

What hurts more? Harsh words from your brothers or randos on the internet?