Staff Merry-Go-Round 2019

Hey, there’s a Madison thread.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

Good people, both marchers and staffers,leave by the hundreds in DCI between Corps each and every season. The fact that the Madison Scouts have staff/ marcher changes each and every season is nothing unusual in DCI in the least. The problems at the Madison Scouts the last few seasons have been primarily Show Programming ( and Finances ) issues. When a Corps has these two things happening simultaneously, its no surprise that there's " good people " attrition taking place. But why the glumness ? Madison is making changes in staff as we speak in hopes of improvements for 2019 there. Lets not prejudge the new hires until we see what they can do for the Corps in 2019. Its less than a month removed from this season's show and finish.

Glumness? No just sad to see the same issues come up every year. Madison makes changes every year and nothing seems to be working for them. Obviously, they are listening or being influenced by the wrong people.

Show designs, money, etc etc are still issue within and not the only cause, not by a long shot. I can not tell you the number of people who went through this corps " good people " who wouldn;'t touch them again with a 10 foot pole. 

I am not prejudging any year. BUT if they do not change from within nothing changes period. I know this 1st hand and have been trying to hint to those involved to take a good look within When asked I have directly said it to many there ( or were ). I could care less of others opinions outside the scouts, that doesn't help. There are many Scouts that can be part of a solution.

8 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Glumness? No just sad to see the same issues come up every year. Madison makes changes every year and nothing seems to be working for them. Obviously, they are listening or being influenced by the wrong people.

Show designs, money, etc etc are still issue within and not the only cause, not by a long shot. I can not tell you the number of people who went through this corps " good people " who wouldn;'t touch them again with a 10 foot pole. 

I am not prejudging any year. BUT if they do not change from within nothing changes period. I know this 1st hand and have been trying to hint to those involved to take a good look within When asked I have directly said it to many there ( or were ). I could care less of others opinions outside the scouts, that doesn't help. There are many Scouts that can be part of a solution.

Mason is probably one of the good people you are referring too. He did not want to leave. But Mgt decided to go more " modern " and the progress that the Corps was having under Mason totally evaporated, and its been a backslide since in both judges assessments, and fan enjoyments of their shows.

Edited by BRASSO

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Mason is probably one of the good people you are referring too. He did not want to leave. But Mgt decided to go more " modern " and the progress that the Corps was having under Mason totally evaporated, and its been a backslide since in both judges assessments, and fan enjoyments of their shows.

Hes not the only one..again decisions made within or listening to the wrong voices

5 minutes ago, SNModdison said:

I believe both BDB and SCVC used to only go to Championships every other year. Maybe they are going back to that plan. 

was it the same years that they missed and stayed home?  I remember SCVC alternating.

Hes not the only one..again decisions made within or listening to the wrong voices

Obviously missteps occurred with those put in charge of Show Programming there at the Madison Scouts, as whoever listened to those voices that were made on the hires, clearly made the wrong choices in retrospect.

Edited by BRASSO

9 minutes ago, SNModdison said:

I believe both BDB and SCVC used to only go to Championships every other year. Maybe they are going back to that plan. 

Good point. for example, in 2005, neither Corps attended Championships.. so there is some precedent for this... Still, I'm a bit surprised by it, as both Corps have gone to the DCI Championships the last 7-8 years.

Edited by BRASSO

5 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Obviously missteps occurred with those put in charge of Show Programming there at the Madison Scouts, as whoever listened to those voices that were made the hires, clearly made the wrong choices in retrospect.

Yes  for sure, but show designs doesn't scratch the surface with issues at Madison...unfortunately

There are reasons why so many staff , directors MMs, volunteers etc etc leave. Fix that, fix the problem

This should probably be in the Madison thread if it's going to continue, although I think many of the right people  aren't getting the message

Edited by GUARDLING

Yes but show designs doesn't scratch the surface with issues at Madison...unfortunately

There are reasons why so many staff , directors MMs, volunteers etc etc leave. Fix that, fix the problem

Its funny how winning generally takes care of things. Losing has a lot of finger pointing, people coming and going. When your losing, donorship falls off... so doesn't numbers of people willing to volunteer. Madison Scouts had no trouble in raising money and in securing volunteers, nor in getting marchers to go there when they were winning, and in giving fans enjoyable shows. Phantom Regiment is going thru the same transition stages the Scouts are, but maybe not as deep, thats all. They have current finance issues as well... and people also coming and going there on staff the last couple of years too.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1