Staff Merry-Go-Round 2019

Sometime it could also be manpower.  The Stentors fold their feeder program in 2009 because we did not have enough people willing to invest time in it.  Money was not a problem... well... of course with a million dollar available we would have hire somebody, so money is ALWAYS the problem!!  But it wasn't an immediat cash problem.  

I wonder what are the true immediat reasons for SCVC and BDB. 

4 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Different CEO in recent years as well.

Keeping tour local allows more Cali parents to volunteer on the mini-tour as compared to heading off to Avon Lake or Ft. Edwards.

Particularly interesting is SCV's cut back in programs the past two years (no more WGI World Class guard, now no national tour for younger corps.)

Yes... interesting. Both Corps on Guidestar.. (but that was a few years ago, admittedly ) seemed to show both Organizations doing well financially.

Until we get specific details, anything we say will be speculation. 

One reason could be financial. While both organizations have financial resources, the way to keep the resources is by making prudent financial decisions. If revenues are down, not touring next year might be a wise decision.

Recruitment may also be an issue. With Mandarins making finals, and no doubt hoping for a higher placement next year, this could be an option for some who might normally audition for  SCVC or BDB.

Sometimes too you have to step back a bit and reevaluate priorities.

Two corps that could benefit from having BDB and SCVC staying closer to home are Gold and Pacific Crest.

24 minutes ago, Gabe92 said:

I wonder what are the true immediat reasons for SCVC and BDB. 

rumors.. upon more rumors.. the dust eventually clears though.

5 minutes ago, DCI Nerd Alert said:

And Music City and Oregon Crusaders.

I don't follow your reasoning. OC might benefit being West Coast, but Nashville-based Music City?

Or am I missing something?

1 minute ago, GeneralFFect said:

I was pretty impressed with what Battalion has done so far.

Like their uniforms too.