Staff Merry-Go-Round 2019

3 minutes ago, dcpbandguy said:

Certainly curious to see how his first summer writing in DCI goes, he’s a fantastic educator for sure! 

It also looks like Phantom has updated their website with some new additions. Looks like mostly visual changes. http://regiment.org/our-staff/program-staff/

Interesting to see Jack Pursifull as PR's new drill designer. Didn't really dig much of what he did for Madison.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, dcpbandguy said:

Certainly curious to see how his first summer writing in DCI goes, he’s a fantastic educator for sure! 

It also looks like Phantom has updated their website with some new additions. Looks like mostly visual changes. http://regiment.org/our-staff/program-staff/

oh well, looks like another boring non-creative show for PR.  I wonder if falling out of the top 12 will wake some people up???

Edited by EricS

6 hours ago, tesmusic said:

Certainly a step up, imoIMO

Hopefully back to flat position snares. Was never a fan of the tilted deal.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EricS said:

oh well, looks like another boring non-creative show for PR.  I wonder if falling out of the top 12 will wake some people up???

I do find it interesting though that they have added a production designer with some serious entertainment industry credits. Curious to see how he is utilized.

5 hours ago, swmstom said:

Hopefully back to flat position snares. Was never a fan of the tilted deal.

Edited by Roark1

33 minutes ago, dcpbandguy said:

I do find it interesting though that they have added a production designer with some serious entertainment industry credits. Curious to see how he is utilized.

Yeah, that's the thing. He is a total drum corps rookie. How much say will he have, and how much will he know when he's surrounded by many of the designers from 2017? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, EricS said:

When falling out of the Top 12 also means breaking the third-longest Finals streak in DCI (and the longest by a corps not from California), I’d say that’s a bit of a problem.

I have a feeling we’ll be welcoming a certain corps that likes the color baby blue back into Finals over Phantom in 2019.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, EricS said:

Apparently Will Pitts posted on the FB alum page some weeks ago recognizing the need to step up visually (though I'd argue that's one of several captions). Can any alums post what was said? In particular, I'm interested in how the corps has responded to the decline of recent years culminating (hopefully) in the shortcomings of 2018. 

2 hours ago, kdaddy said:

Apparently Will Pitts posted on the FB alum page some weeks ago recognizing the need to step up visually (though I'd argue that's one of several captions). Can any alums post what was said? In particular, I'm interested in how the corps has responded to the decline of recent years culminating (hopefully) in the shortcomings of 2018. 

It was actually a pretty lengthy open letter to the alumni. Not really visual specific (though this was certainly mentioned). He covered a lot of stuff, including how proud they were of the corps but also recognized that they needed to step up design and start with a great design/visual concept first, paired with really great music. He also stressed that the corps shouldn’t just limit itself to “classical” but, instead, think of their choices in terms of “great music,” framed within Regiment hallmarks of power, emotion, etc. And, of course, he also mentioned about bringing in a designer from outside of drum corps (who actually came to watch Semis) but also stressed that just adding a name or two doesn’t automatically translate into success. There was a lot more to it but it really gave the impression that he and the rest of the design staff recognized that the onus was on them to step up their game and that they were going to do everything they could to do so. (There was also a call to arms for alumni to join in and help out the corps in whatever ways they can as well.) Only time will tell but, as always, I’m hopeful.