Staff Merry-Go-Round 2019

9 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

All right, let's just squash this unfounded, fictional invention of the mind like the insect that it is. Fred was not fired. Period. Any suggestion that he was, is a slander. By the way, the signups for the first audition camp are coming in just fine, thank you.

You know, the Troopers could hand out $100 bills to fans at every show, and someone would find a reason to criticize them. For several seasons they ran all their camps out of Dallas and several other non-Wyoming locations, and they got roasted for not being Wyoming enough. Now they hold camps in their own state and they get roasted for being, you know, Wyoming, which apparently no one is able to find without a Sherpa. For goodness' sake, Cheyenne is a 2-hour bus ride from Denver International Airport, which sits smack in the center of the North American Continent. I mean, you can't find a major airport that is more geographically centered than Denver. They know about buses in Wyoming. They have running water, too. Kids who go to BD camps have to fly into SFO, then ride BART -- by themselves -- for 1 1/2 hours to get to Concord. Then they have to Uber themselves and their bags to the hotel, and then carpool/taxi their way to the audition site. At least with Troopers, you meet the bus at the curb at DIA, climb on with a bunch of other Trooper hopefuls, and it takes you directly to the rehearsal site. And back. I fail to see how that is somehow more "difficult for members to attend" than any other audition camp.

I want 2 of them or more :tongue:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/22/2018 at 12:57 AM, Drboned said:

Newbie question. 

Is there a shortage of talented designers? God bless the designers working for 2, 3 or more corps yet, how does the young designer get a shot at the DCI level if you don’t let them work at that level? 

Its like not being hired for your first job because you don’t have enough experience. 

for many, proving their talents in the band world or indoor can get help get gigs. DCI being the big house is not going to give untested talent a shot for the heck of it. 

On 9/22/2018 at 5:46 AM, dcifanforlife said:

First the Troopers need to recruit members.  For Percussion  auditions Nov 23 -Nov 25 and Dec 14-16 at Poteet High School, Mesquite TX.  (You are required to provide your own housing, transportation and meals for these audition events)  This is unheard of in the activity. Brass auditions are in Cheyenne which will be difficult  for potential members to attend.  Troopers recruitment area shrinks to a small area not known for supplying marching members.  The untold story of the 2018 season was how noncompetitive the Troopers were.  Fred deserved to be fired.   New team has a tremendous task ahead of them. 

i wouldn't say they were non competitive at all. It was one of their better offerings in a while, and it just so happens many corps above them were also stacked

• Like 4

On 9/22/2018 at 2:43 PM, 2muchcoffeeman said:

All right, let's just squash this unfounded, fictional invention of the mind like the insect that it is. Fred was not fired. Period. Any suggestion that he was, is a slander. By the way, the signups for the first audition camp are coming in just fine, thank you.

You know, the Troopers could hand out $100 bills to fans at every show, and someone would find a reason to criticize them. For several seasons they ran all their camps out of Dallas and several other non-Wyoming locations, and they got roasted for not being Wyoming enough. Now they hold camps in their own state and they get roasted for being, you know, Wyoming, which apparently no one is able to find without a Sherpa. For goodness' sake, Cheyenne is a 2-hour bus ride from Denver International Airport, which sits smack in the center of the North American Continent. I mean, you can't find a major airport that is more geographically centered than Denver. They know about buses in Wyoming. They have running water, too. Kids who go to BD camps have to fly into SFO, then ride BART -- by themselves -- for 1 1/2 hours to get to Concord. Then they have to Uber themselves and their bags to the hotel, and then carpool/taxi their way to the audition site. At least with Troopers, you meet the bus at the curb at DIA, climb on with a bunch of other Trooper hopefuls, and it takes you directly to the rehearsal site. And back. I fail to see how that is somehow more "difficult for members to attend" than any other audition camp.

Wyoming has water? Wow! 

( sarcasm folks, it's a beautiful place, and modern too)

On 9/21/2018 at 12:11 PM, tesmusic said:

Interesting, I love both organizations, so I am sad for Vanguard and happy for BD. That being said, I wonder what the reason is for this seemingly lateral move in careers.

Position. This is why BD stays on top virtually every year. For some this was a down year. BD lost to a first place corp by over a point. Biggest spread loss point spread since 2006. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Wyoming has water? Wow! 

( sarcasm folks, it's a beautiful place, and modern too)

Whats the word on electricity? :notme:

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

for many, proving their talents in the band world or indoor can get help get gigs. DCI being the big house is not going to give untested talent a shot for the heck of it. 

I read your posts and I get the sense you are knowledgeable about the state of the activity. Do you think there is tested younger talent in the band and indoor world that is ready? 

Ned

1 hour ago, E3D said:

Whats the word on electricity? :notme:

look at their pit

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

... Biggest spread loss point spread since 2006. 

My misunderstanding...never mind

Edited by jaylogan
Misunderstanding