Staff Merry-Go-Round 2019

34 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I see a positive on this. I know people are freaking out that the arranger is young, untested, etc.....who better to help him along the way as well as get the kids to produce? Having an experienced hand in the world of DCI to help guide the new guy along could produce some really cool stuff.

And if the young  arranger doesn't work out.... Chuck's an obvious replacement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kdaddy said:

I hear you. I guess I'd prefer it to be the other way around - the apprentice learning from the master, not the master assisting the apprentice.

Obi Wan learned from Anakin. 

Michael Klesch will not be arranging for The Academy in 2019. Instead, Lindsey Vento's husband Steve will take over that position.

https://www.arizonaacademy.org/staff/2019-design-team/

The Madison Scouts hired a middle school band director as brass caption head??? Wow...

2 hours ago, Cuban said:

Crap now the whole temple is going to fall!

only if you get the high ground first

23 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

The Madison Scouts hired a middle school band director as brass caption head??? Wow...

Does research hurt your brain? His day job may not impress you, but maybe his time arranging for Crossmen, Colts, several other corps, and countless successful marching programs might be suitable for you. 

I get that you must criticize all things Madison, but try knowing about the individual before spouting off on things. It helps make it seem like you might know what you're talking about. 

Here is his bio since google is hard to use: http://www.madisonscouts.org/2018/10/madison-scouts-welcome-chuck-naffier-brass-caption-manager/

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

look up his resume. it might knock the snark out of you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tesmusic said:

Does research hurt your brain? His day job may not impress you, but maybe his time arranging for Crossmen, Colts, several other corps, and countless successful marching programs might be suitable for you. 

I get that you must criticize all things Madison, but try knowing about the individual before spouting off on things. It helps make it seem like you might know what you're talking about. 

Here is his bio since google is hard to use: http://www.madisonscouts.org/2018/10/madison-scouts-welcome-chuck-naffier-brass-caption-manager/

Crossmen and Colts on his resume? I'm surprised that BD or SCV didn't hire him! I am guessing that middle school band director would be a show stopper for them.

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

look up his resume. it might knock the snark out of you

Holy crap! Colts and Crossmen!