Staff Merry-Go-Round 2019

4 hours ago, DWW11 said:

Nothing in the Inquirer today that I see, print OR online.  And I did a query at USAToday and got nothing.

You missed the sarcasm in his post... "supposedly 2006 or so."

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, phd-student-TTU said:

WTH is this about?

You didn't honestly think George Hopkins was the ONLY one in all of DCI to pull that crap, did you?

Batten down the hatches.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, xandandl said:

check USA today/Philadelphia Inquirerer tomorrow based on what Cavies mms and families were told at banquet on Sunday in Indy. supposedly 2006 or so.

nothing there

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

I shared what the Cavaliers mms (8) and parents told me as we awaited our flights. Philly paper also has the AG report which affects the churches in PA; drum corps a lesser issue.

I wasn't trying to imply that the rumor of this story  is legit or not, just that it isn't in today's paper. Trying to save folks the bother of looking for it.  I have no way of knowing anything about anything!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I wasn't being sarcastic.

12 years ago is what I was told. (2018-12=2006.) 

yeah i saw a lot of stuff floating too...older issues coming to light now.

• Sad 1

Well 777, now you have a lot of stuff lumped into a growing pile (in this thread) of "I heard..." and "long ago ______ happened". There is a lot of hearsay being insinuated to be truth in a lot of the commentary in this thread. If you have facts that's all we'll and good but if you don't have factual knowledge of something,  it can be dangerous to make it  appear so, and public in a forum swirling with innuendo, assumption, supposition and so on.

Few posters here are actually close enough to know an entire back story or have a good factual grasp of a variety of situations.  A number of posters here would very much like others to think they are that close to all situations or have the facts.  The "insiders" so to speak.  I have difficulty believing some posters are that tuned in to so many corps inner workings.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Unless the culture has drastically changed at USA Today since I worked for parent company Gannett and USAtoday.com, that publication won't run with anything until it's thoroughly checked out.

"Gotcha" stuff is not their style, or at least it wasn't.

So... perhaps that's why there has been a delay. Or there never was a story being put together in the first place.  I have no idea.

• Like 2