Staff Merry-Go-Round 2019

Why are people harping about others making comments on what they notice and accusing them of trolling or stirring the pot.  Maybe this thread should be closed down if everyone is going to be so sensitive.  I just see it as some people trying to share their two cents.  This thread is already proving from real staff member posts that perhaps we as a forum are crossing the line.  I think we can be civil about it, but when we jump on each other, it's no better than the speculations that are being made in this thread about staffing next year.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, lifeisaround said:

The blue stars website has also removed their entire staff page from the website ... weird... 

DCI has a rule about corps not announcing changes in staff until after Labor Day. They know things but are not allowed to share until then.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Why are people harping about others making comments on what they notice and accusing them of trolling or stirring the pot.  Maybe this thread should be closed down if everyone is going to be so sensitive.  I just see it as some people trying to share their two cents.  This thread is already proving from real staff member posts that perhaps we as a forum are crossing the line.  I think we can be civil about it, but when we jump on each other, it's no better than the speculations that are being made in this thread about staffing next year.  

I rarely post on here because of this! I marched Cadets early 80’s and made a comment about yea still having “hop” on their YouTube main page front and center of page! These people circled the wagons and told me it was not him, when Einstein’s, a dirty blonde hair man with a beard addressing Corps was anyone else! I marched Cadets and still can call out things they need to address...some of these people I don’t think ever marched and it is sad how they go into attack mode when someone points something out.they have their DCI logos as their picture and that is fine, but I think it speaks to how wrapped up they are in all this! Sad bunch!!! My friend who also marched Cadets had a friend who was harmed by him and when she wanted to see this years unity show went to page and lost it to still see him on the video Cadets: you decide! They told me to alert someone with their social media. I told them I already did on instagram and YouTube....btw I never got a response back and it was like 6 weeks ago and his image is still there!  All this lip service from these people! They told me they are doing best they can? Really!!! You can’t find a minute to pull him at least from your main youtube page! 

Edited by J.Keith
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

This entire thread has become depressing.

I agree fellow Cadet! (Cadets 82)! Not all, but some of these people are throwing gossip around! Like a knitting circle of old women! Wait, that would be a tarnish on old women! Read my post above...these dudes go into full on attack mode! Some were more concerned about this years show and told all to wait after season to worry about getting Hops image off main youtube page!!! I disagreed! I wanted it off immediately so no one he harmed could still see that face! As I said above...I mentioned it to whoever runs their Instagram and YouTube and never got a response....and that was over 6 weeks ago and image is still there! Not one person he harmed should be worried about going to a cadets site and seeing him on main pages! I get he is so throughout 30 some years of cadets and would be very hard to get rid of his image in everything, but wish they could! Never could stomach him the year I marched and more sickened by him after past spring!!! We had Doc Santo as our C D and that filth was waiting in the wings!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, J.Keith said:

I rarely post on here because of this! I marched Cadets early 80’s and made a comment about yea still having “hop” on their YouTube main page front and center of page! These people circled the wagons and told me it was not him, when Einstein’s, a dirty blonde hair man with a beard addressing Corps was anyone else! I marched Cadets and still can call out things they need to address...some of these people I don’t think ever marched and it is sad how they go into attack mode when someone points something out.they have their DCI logos as their picture and that is fine, but I think it speaks to how wrapped up they are in all this! Sad bunch!!! My friend who also marched Cadets had a friend who was harmed by him and when she wanted to see this years unity show went to page and lost it to still see him on the video Cadets: you decide! They told me to alert someone with their social media. I told them I already did on instagram and YouTube....btw I never got a response back and it was like 6 weeks ago and his image is still there!  All this lip service from these people! They told me they are doing best they can? Really!!! You can’t find a minute to pull him at least from your main youtube page! 

did you actually call the office? they're understandably a little short staffed right now

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

did you actually call the office? they're understandably a little short staffed right now

Jeff, I get it, but you don’t have 2 minutes to take down a video on your main page! I left a message on instagram and youtube to them! How under staffed are they if they don’t have someone monitoring comments in this 24/7 social media age...I am very proud of this Corps, but really no longer have contact with Cadets anything. I am done replying on here after this. A lot of people so angry if you point something out!

Edited by J.Keith
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, J.Keith said:

oh boo hoo. No one "attacked you" -- we just asked where/what video as you kept saying it was a thumbnail on the main page and when I (and others) checked the main page we didn't see a thumbnail with him

later - i watched a video that he was in - volunteers being inducted into the Cadets HOF several year's back

I'm in complete agreement that he needs removed from all their materials

Now that season is over and they are back in the office I hope (and expect) that's quickly the case

Anyway-  maybe send a follow up email? Couldn't hurt - might help!

George

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, J.Keith said:

Jeff, I get it, but you don’t have 2 minutes to take down a video on your main page! I left a message on instagram and youtube to them! How under staffed are they if they don’t have someone monitoring comments in this 24/7 social media age...I am very proud of this Corps, but really no longer have contact with Cadets anything. I am done replying on here after this. A lot of people so angry if you point something out!

I think we are all in agreement with you that he needs removed from any and all materials

No one is "angry" or "attacking you" though

So I'd suggest, don't overreact or get too defensive. The internet is a rough and tumble place & DCP is less so than most...

JMO,

George

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, J.Keith said:

hold on there scout. i think you don't realize who you're talking to as one of YEA's BIGGEST critics on here since, oh, 2002 when DCP launched. Now...do i disagree with you it should ave been an easy fix? Yes, i do in many ways.

I also realize since April, they've been short staffed more than normal, no formal ceo for the company just two corps directors, and their role now is just about the corps, not the entire organization. so while I agree, yes it needs done, i do realize they have had a few FAR MORE pressing issues to deal with, and their social media team was most likely on the road all summer.

sometimes a simple phone call accomplishes a lot more than a nasty email or complaints on a chat board

• Like 4