Staff Merry-Go-Round 2019

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:38 AM, GeneralFFect said:

I will give him a chance to prove he's the right guy, but as I said on Twitter, I am not overly encouraged that he can take the corps forward.  This was nothing more than the corps caving to the dinosaurs of the activity. The corps alumni will ultimately lead to the demise of Madison. The staff took a chance based on feedback from the judges and they unfortunately paid the price.

This.  I'm definitely skeptical.

Mike

2 hours ago, GeneralFFect said:

I agree.. but as I pointed out in my post last night... the alumni overreaction ultimately impacted the performance.  They heard what was being said and I think it ultimately took its toll on them. Not saying they didnt try and not saying they gave up. They were put in the middle of it and I think many of them just couldnt wait till their season was over because of it.

Maybe the alums distant feedback in Social Media impacted the current 2017 and 2018 marchers abilities to get placement traction they sought both seasons, but its far more likely, imo, that the judges feedback re. their show designs/ performances had FAR more of an impact on this. Early on, the judges scores created a large hole they could not climb out of in any substantive way. Madison wanted to move up from their Finalist position of last season. It didn't take long ( early July ) to see that making Finals was going to be a long shot for them in 2018. That probably took its toll on the marchers, not what alums were saying.

Edited by BRASSO

Just now, BRASSO said:

Maybe the alums distant feedback in Social Media impacted the current 2017 and 2018 marchers abilities to get placement traction they sought both seasons, but its far more likely, imo, that the judges feedback re. their show designs/ performances had FAR more of an impact on this.

of course, I have said the show had plenty of issues... but their performance level did dip towards the end of the season and I think that was part of it

21 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Mike

I'm optimistic that Madison's show for 2019 will be far more enjoyable for most fans, than their last 2 season's shows were. Marchers want their shows to be liked by people. Few marchers want to work their butts off for shows that are mostly at disappointing levels from what most fans think you'll have in shows in terms of entertainment. Madison Scouts are currently a 16th place Drum Corps. I'm optimistic they can move up a few spots in placements and have an enjoyable show that fans like... and that marchers enjoy performing in 2019. Time will tell.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

What hurts more? Harsh words from your brothers or randos on the internet?

both I'd imagine because even in 2009, or whatever Relampago was....was not mocked like this show was in many places online. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

Mike

If a blind eye is kept then no matter what the show nothing will change. I have heard their issues for over a decade now ( from those within). Maybe it's time to stop blaming everyone who walks through the door and look at what's inside.

8 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

exactly...so why do good people leave?, there's been plenty.

Good people, both marchers and staffers,leave by the hundreds in DCI between Corps each and every season. The fact that the Madison Scouts have staff/ marcher changes each and every season is nothing unusual in DCI in the least. The problems at the Madison Scouts the last few seasons have been primarily Show Programming ( and Finances ) issues. When a Corps has these two things happening simultaneously, its no surprise that there's " good people " attrition taking place. But why the glumness ? Madison is making changes in staff as we speak in hopes of improvements for 2019 there. Lets not prejudge the new hires until we see what they can do for the Corps in 2019. Its less than a month removed from this season's show and finish.

1 minute ago, combia1 said:

BDB just announced they are staying on the west coast as well next year.

Wow.. both.