Staff Merry-Go-Round 2019

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

well that's no fun LOL

Well, I could have posted something like this, but it would've been kind of mean to leave people hanging: To demonstrate my ability to keep my mouth shut, I have known for three days now who the new brass caption head is for the Madison Scouts, plus a couple core brass staff members, but I'll wait until they announce for themselves publicly to congratulate them! 

See how mean that would've been?

P.S. Yes, I really do know who it is

P.P.S. Everyone rest easy, it's not me!

P.P.P.S. It is an old friend of mine, and I am quite happy for him!

In looking at the recent Scout staff additions, I get the feeling alums from 75 and 88 have taken over the corps. Waiting for the announcement on Malagueña. Looking backwards.......moving forward......?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DAvery said:

In looking at the recent Scout staff additions, I get the feeling alums from 75 and 88 have taken over the corps. Waiting for the announcement on Malagueña. Looking backwards.......moving forward......?

Not necessarily

3 hours ago, DAvery said:

I sort of get what you're thinking, especially based on a number of Madison posters on DCP. But it isn't true that all older alumni are out of touch - or unhappy - with contemporary DCI. Let's give folks a break and first see what they give the MMs to perform and how they motivate MMs to execute. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

thank God for my screen name

You could work on bringing more wit though. Your snark levels seem adequate. 

3 hours ago, DAvery said:

As long as the ED and corps director are still in place, I can't agree that anyone has taken over anything. This is more of the same from those two who should have done the decent thing and stepped down. As we all know, boards of directors are rubber stamps for the ED so don't look to the Board for any help. 

1 hour ago, mjoakes said:

I sort of get what you're thinking, especially based on a number of Madison posters on DCP. But it isn't true that all older alumni are out of touch - or unhappy - with contemporary DCI. Let's give folks a break and first see what they give the MMs to perform and how they motivate MMs to execute. 

True! Michael Turner was judging DCI two or three years ago in the visual and guard captions.

5 hours ago, DAvery said:

I could see where bringing people from 1975 or 1988 could seem like moving backwards, but it could also be moving forward. No question, what works well on the field has changed since 1975 and 1988. If you look at Madison in 1975 and Blue Devils in 1976, what worked one year changed the next. Yet if you look at what works off the field to make a champion: team work, hard work, dedication, drive, determination, pursuit of excellence, that never changes, at least in essence. Madison could have the greatest show ever planned for 2019, one that could eclipse not only Madison’s glory, but Cadets in 83-85, PR in 2008, BD in 2014, Crown in 2013, Bloo in 2016, and Star in 1991, but if there is not team building and developing a sense of a common purpose, it won’t work.