Staff Merry-Go-Round 2019

Trying to figure out how crowns staff is great with people like John Howell, Dereck, Jacquelin, Kate, and what not. An organization that SHOULD be competitive for a title does hires like these ....

just comfusend 

5 hours ago, lifeisaround said:

Trying to figure out how crowns staff is great with people like John Howell, Dereck, Jacquelin, Kate, and what not. An organization that SHOULD be competitive for a title does hires like these ....

just comfusend 

Yes, you are confused. We agree! 

• Like 4

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:24 PM, Lance said:

i'm a high school teacher and i'm getting a little jealous of all of the middle school love

but yeah, i'm probably going to be moving to middle school in the next few years

Never underestimate your influence as a high school teacher.  Sounds a bit mushy, but I am so grateful for my high school band directors (of course I also had them in grade school too :bigsmile:).   They gave me a love for music that I am not sure I could have gotten anywhere else- let alone what the idea of how hard work and dedication can impact your life.

Edited by Forevergreen

On 10/6/2018 at 12:51 PM, HornTeacher said:

Alternatively, I have seen groups being led by staffs who were relative unknowns...yet have enjoyed tremendous success due to the fact that they functioned cohesively and uniformly supportive to a very high level.  Maybe a situation of "greater than the sum of its' parts."  What is important is that each staff member knows his and/or her place in the organization, and fully trusts that each of the other staff members trusts all the others to be and act in the same manner.  For the "collective good," I guess (how TERRIBLY COMMUNISTIC of me, I know!!).

Sorry for the mini-lecture.  Just my take on things...

I think this describes the original staff of the Carolina Crown very well. Most of us were still there when the corps won the Div. II DCI World Championship in 1993, And a large portion of us were still there when the corps made DCI Finals the first time in 1995. If I remember correctly, the corps started out in 33rd place in 1990, then went 25, 25, 21, 17, 11.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

Boston Crusaders announce that Eric Kosman joins the design team as Director of Electronics.

https://bostoncrusaders.org/2018/10/erik-kosman-joins-design-team-as-director-of-electronics/

Amazing pick-up! Congrats to Eric and BAC!

• Like 1

On 10/6/2018 at 10:36 PM, Cadevilina Crown said:

The last two shows have been on complete opposite sides of the spectrum. "It Is" was too deep and left me very confused, while "Beast" I felt was too one-dimensional and I got tired of the concept quickly. I hope the design team strikes a good balance between the two sides next year.

A lot was right with both of those shows.  Musically they were top notch.  Coordinating the strong sections into a unified total package is what can put them back on top.