Sound crew should be considered members and should be under 21.

I’ve been saying that for a few years now, and should count as a corps member. I do not believe that any corps has won because the sound people are over 21 in many cases, but I do believe that everyone involved in the performance should be under 21. However for me, it is more a pet peeve and not “a hill to die on.”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Corps_Efan said:

Some corps have 4 person audio engineers controlling the sound - shouldn’t they be corps members? Shouldn’t they be under 21? Especially since sound is such a big part of the show. 

you cant control balance from the field. it's called physics

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

That would involve having to have a member or two sit in the stands the whole show. Would be a dumb way to spend a summer imo. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cappybara said:

That would involve having to have a member or two sit in the stands the whole show. Would be a dumb way to spend a summer imo. 

If DCI is an educational experience, there are tons of students trying to learn the craft of being a sound technician 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

Find something worth while to complain about please.

I heard one of the BD guard members had a shoe untied during the whole performance.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Rileydog said:

Totally agree 

Interesting pro and con...

Maybe some interns on the electronic area. Hopefully the tail does not start wagging the dog. An example is the NFL. Players have just become responders to sideline and coordinator directives .At what point will a line be drawn between the two in drum corps

5 hours ago, flammaster said:

I heard one of the BD guard members had a shoe untied during the whole performance.

Then that guard person might have been one of the few mm of the BD who didn't spend some time behind a prop.

I thought I heard somewhere that some corps do have MMs serving as techs -- basically an internship/on the job training apprenticeship in doing live sound?

I could be just thinking that would be a good idea and projecting it into reality though.... My kids say that I do that frequently.... :)