The Cavaliers 2019

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Ok, we'll let Cappybara and Hook 'Em relish in The Cavaliers winning last night's championship, 😜 but now that WGI is ending the real season is here!

Those Final Four games were all thrilling. Congrats to the Virginia Cavs for prevailing.

19 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I am ready for the show announcement!! 

Chicago-land is currenty occupied with other matters. So while you are waiting...

https://www.npr.org/local/309/2019/04/08/711067034/chicago-area-nun-who-threw-perfect-pitch-now-has-her-own-baseball-card?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20190409

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

That is actually incredible! 

• Like 1

You've got to be pretty hot stuff to beat out Sister Jean for attention in Chicago. 

• Haha 3

On 4/10/2019 at 9:11 AM, xandandl said:

And she’s from Marian Catholic, so double bonus...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/10/2019 at 10:11 AM, xandandl said:

I know lots of nuns who love baseball. They know a thing or two about baseball cards too. We were allowed to ride our bikes to school on Fridays in the Spring. This would have been time time when kids attached baseball cards to clothes pins, attached the clothes  pin somewhere close to the tire, and when the card hit the spokes it made the bike sound powerful, at least to a fourth grader. One good Sister of St. Joseph inspected the baseball cards to make sure none of us used cards that might be collector’s items one day. I don’t recall if baseball cards were of much value in 1973, but a friend who owns a sports memorabilia store credits This nun with teaching him how to collect baseball cards.

Sr. Mary Jo may be the first nun on a baseball card, and attaching a piece of the veil may be unique, but I’m not sure I’d call it a “relic.” In Catholic terms, a relic belonged to a saint. Sr. Mary Jo looks alive and well to me and has not yet reached her heavenly reward. 😇

It’s a great tribute to Sr. Mary Jo and the Marian Catholic community. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Tim K said:

I know lots of nuns who love baseball. They know a thing or two about baseball cards too. We were allowed to ride our bikes to school on Fridays in the Spring. This would have been time time when kids attached baseball cards to clothes pins, attached the clothes  pin somewhere close to the tire, and when the card hit the spokes it made the bike sound powerful, at least to a fourth grader. One good Sister of St. Joseph inspected the baseball cards to make sure none of us used cards that might be collector’s items one day. I don’t recall if baseball cards were of much value in 1973, but a friend who owns a sports memorabilia store credits This nun with teaching him how to collect baseball cards.

Sr. Mary Jo may be the first nun on a baseball card, and attaching a piece of the veil may be unique, but I’m not sure I’d call it a “relic.” In Catholic terms, a relic belonged to a saint. Sr. Mary Jo looks alive and well to me and has not yet reached her heavenly reward. 😇

It’s a great tribute to Sr. Mary Jo and the Marian Catholic community. 

Does she teach the color guard tosses???