The Cavaliers 2019

4 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Looks like we're not going to hear anything about the show unless you go to their send off in May.

I mean, I'm glad I'll be getting to see my boys live this year in California, but I'd like to know how they're doing during the off season too.

Oh well, I'm too far to help with the camps, so I guess that's my punishment!

I did think of you when I saw they were going to California. Hope everything is going well over there!

13 hours ago, xandandl said:

oh, you get roasted enough even when you are in Hewstahn, he, he, he. (Only a month to go, Mike.  Hold in there.)

Hahaha! I am doing what I can sir... I am pretty excited as I usually am! Jamming to my Cavies CD in my car and binge watching my championship DVD I bought years ago. I gotta do what I gotta do until the season starts. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Hahaha! I am doing what I can sir... I am pretty excited as I usually am! Jamming to my Cavies CD in my car and binge watching my championship DVD I bought years ago. I gotta do what I gotta do until the season starts. 

I expect Cavies and Crown to be fighting it out over the Ott.   IMO Cavies brass is being overlooked by many.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, karuna said:

.   IMO Cavies brass is being overlooked by many.  

I'm not sure we've really had much discussion here ( or seen on other social media ) to conclude that the 2019 Cavies Brass line " is being overlooked by many ". I mean, ;lets face it, very few of us here or elsewhere know much about the Cavies 2019 Brass line, nor for that matter, any of the other DCI Corps Brass lines right now.. Theres such little info out there on these Corps brass lines in the off season, that its  quite easy to " overlook " ANY Corps brass line for this upcoming summer's brass line competitions at the moment, imo. The Cavies brass line finished 7th last season. Is it possible for them to move up from 7th to 1st and win the Ott for Best Brass Line in DCI this summer ? It'll be a challenge, but sure, why not .

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I'm not sure we've really had much discussion here ( or seen on other social media ) to conclude that the 2019 Cavies Brass line " is being overlooked by many ". I mean, ;lets face it, very few of us know much about the Cavies 2019 Brass line, nor for that matter, any of the other DCI Corps Brass lines right now. So most fans are in no position to overlook ANY Corps brass line, imo.

You can certainly speak for what you think but it might be a small reach (giant leap?) for you to speak for large groups of people ("we"," most fans","very few").   Or maybe I am just underestimating your mental powers .

lzhwBPI.gif

Anyway I've heard really positive comments about Cavies brass after every camp (from several different persons).  

Also heard Crown's line over the winter and they are at their usual ridiculous level of virtuosity.  Not clean mind you but it's already clear this is another Ott-contending line.

43 minutes ago, karuna said:

You can certainly speak for what you think but it might be a small reach (giant leap?) for you to speak for large groups of people .   .

Actually, if I read your initial comment above correctly, it is You that stated on here above that it is your belief that ( your words ) " The Cavaliers brass line is being overlooked by MANY ".   ... lol!!

Edited by BRASSO

15 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Actually, if I read your initial comment above correctly, it is You that stated on here above that ( your words ) " Cavaliers brass line is being overlooked by MANY ".   ... lol!!

Many is a very different word than "most" or "all".  In any case my initial comment is obviously true since you keep trying to throw a bucket of cold water on that comment (indeed on any comment which suggests that the Cavies (or anyone corps besides the Blue Devils) could be better than your beloved Florida Crusaders).     Stop trying to be subtle -- you're terrible at it.   If you want to bash your competitors, at least be honest about it.  

Don't bother replying -- I can't be bothered to read your nonsense.  Now where's that ignore button...

And I'l repeat it for good measure: 

Cavies and Crown in a Battle for the Ott in 2019!

Edited by karuna

28 minutes ago, karuna said:

Many is a very different word than "most" or "all".  In any case my initial comment is obviously true since you keep trying to throw a bucket of cold water on that comment (indeed on any comment which suggests that the Cavies (or anyone corps besides the Blue Devils) could be better than your beloved Florida Crusaders).     Stop trying to be subtle -- you're terrible at it.   If you want to bash your competitors, at least be honest about it.  

Don't bother replying -- I can't be bothered to read your nonsense.  Now where's that ignore button...

lol... calm down there Cowboy, your horse has too much giddy up, and you're scaring the poor thing with too much kick with that whip of yours, and its about to become a runaway on you.

I stated the Cavaliers had as good a shot as winning the Ott Award as much as " any Corps ", as there has been such a lack of info on " most of these Corps ". There was no" bash "at all in my comments toward the Cavaliers here, nor on any other Corps for that matter. You were terrible at interpreting my comments here. I'll let others decide if there was  ANY attempt my me, subtle or otherwise, to hurt or" bash" any Corps with my comments above. If you want to ignore me as a poster, feel free to do so. But don't claim its because I was about the business to diminish in any way, or " bash " any Corps on this thread. Thats just blatantly untrue and  just ridiculous, and .." lets at least be honest about it "... lol!

Edited by BRASSO

8 hours ago, karuna said:

You can certainly speak for what you think but it might be a small reach (giant leap?) for you to speak for large groups of people ("we"," most fans","very few").   Or maybe I am just underestimating your mental powers .

lzhwBPI.gif

Anyway I've heard really positive comments about Cavies brass after every camp (from several different persons).  

Also heard Crown's line over the winter and they are at their usual ridiculous level of virtuosity.  Not clean mind you but it's already clear this is another Ott-contending line.

I've heard that much about  Cavaliers  brass this year.