The Cavaliers 2019

15 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

My 2 cents. I’m guessing the Cavaliers will tell the story of young men who for whatever reasons were on the wrong path in their life. Accepted and embraced as they are, and shown or given the opportunity to choose another direction. Thus allowing them to follow their dreams, choose a different path in life, and become better men. The title of their show makes perfect sense to me, especially knowing the history of their founder who has since past. 

Well said. That is definitely not a lot of poppycock. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The title caught me off guard as well. It was more jarring yesterday than today, and I am eager to see what they do with the show. In reference to an earlier post that refers to one side versus the other (to be fair, I am not using all contents of the post), yin and yang/opposites/complementaries, etc. are not all created equal or equally opposite of each other in the same way;  Old :: Young and Day :: Night, are facts that cannot be debated. They happen without moral judgement, they are of nature and not man. Sincerity :: Deceit and Innocence :: Wisdom happen as part of the human condition and can be argued as fluid, less severe, more severe, good or bad, nature and/or man, situational, etc. Good :: Evil, Right :: Wrong, Right Side of the Tracks :: Wrong Side of the Tracks all require judgement, sometime moral judgement, one is elevated as better than and one diminished as worse than. It can also be said that some may choose ether side in the first two examples, but maybe much less so if not at all with the third. I will assume the show is about those who worked hard to build America (history or present), who were blue collar, poorer, less privileged, etc. There is a lot of positive material there to be sure. The HBO mini series, Chernobyl certainly showed us an example of that in Russia;  during a time of great national need, the hard working men/women stepped up. 

35 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

My 2 cents. I’m guessing the Cavaliers will tell the story of young men who for whatever reasons were on the wrong path in their life. Accepted and embraced as they are, and shown or given the opportunity to choose another direction. Thus allowing them to follow their dreams, choose a different path in life, and become better men. The title of their show makes perfect sense to me, especially knowing the history of their founder who has since past. 

Dude, that..... man, that would be awesome!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Geeater said:

The title caught me off guard as well. It was more jarring yesterday than today, and I am eager to see what they do with the show. In reference to an earlier post that refers to one side versus the other (to be fair, I am not using all contents of the post), yin and yang/opposites/complementaries, etc. are not all created equal or equally opposite of each other in the same way;  Old :: Young and Day :: Night, are facts that cannot be debated. They happen without moral judgement, they are of nature and not man. Sincerity :: Deceit and Innocence :: Wisdom happen as part of the human condition and can be argued as fluid, less severe, more severe, good or bad, nature and/or man, situational, etc. Good :: Evil, Right :: Wrong, Right Side of the Tracks :: Wrong Side of the Tracks all require judgement, sometime moral judgement, one is elevated as better than and one diminished as worse than. It can also be said that some may choose ether side in the first two examples, but maybe much less so if not at all with the third. I will assume the show is about those who worked hard to build America (history or present), who were blue collar, poorer, less privileged, etc. There is a lot of positive material there to be sure. The HBO mini series, Chernobyl certainly showed us an example of that in Russia;  during a time of great national need, the hard working men/women stepped up. 

Yes, good insight here, thank you. Don't disagree with any of it; only mean to say that, regardless of the essential nature of the tension points listed, they are tension points that have launched a thousand DCI shows through the years. Much of it may be legitimate, to be sure, but all of it is well-trod ground.

I would love to help you all out with what is meant by the show title, but I don’t believe it is my news to reveal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think in many cases, the “wrong” or “other” side of the tracks usually referred to factories or mills located near the train tracks. Immigrants, rank and file union members, etc. lived near the factories and mills. Those who lived on the opposite side looked down on the other side. I know in some cities, the wrong or other side may not have been separated by railroad tracks, but if you went from rank and file to management, it was expected you moved to the other side. I’m sure in most cases it was an unwritten rule, but it happened. In my hometown the “other side” that was once where the factories were located now has the luxury  homes, a golf course, and two new elementary schools. 

I agree with those who think there could be some sort of Don Warren tribute in the show, especially where so many Cavies alums credit him with changing their lives. 

On another note: since the show reveal, two songs have come to mind: “He’s a Rebel” and “Leader of the Pack.” 

4 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Could you clear up if they are any racial overtones in this theme. Because I highly doubt it. 

As much as I would love to clear up any issue with the show, I must still decline. If I give one detail away, then people could start another round of “ok, but what about this detail?” and soon the cat is out of the bag. So sorry, I feel your pain, but I feel compelled to keep quiet.