The Cavaliers 2019

With source music not released yet, I think my only hope for the Cavies this season is that they use five or less pieces of source material this year. Any chance that dream comes to fruition?

I've loved every aspect of what they've done the last three seasons, with the sole exception of thinking that not allowing a melody to materialize completely is still a current trend in music books.

I'm also QUITE excited to see where their brass improvements last year lead them to this year. Absolutely love the brass ensemble sound from last season.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jake W. said:

I've loved every aspect of what they've done the last three seasons, with the sole exception of thinking that not allowing a melody to materialize completely is still a current trend in music books.

I don't like that trend, either. But curiously, does that hold for championship shows from SCV in 2018 and BD in 2017? They each seemed to have good, sustained moments of hanging out and playing music for us.

4 hours ago, Jake W. said:

With source music not released yet, I think my only hope for the Cavies this season is that they use five or less pieces of source material this year. Any chance that dream comes to fruition?

I'm also QUITE excited to see where their brass improvements last year lead them to this year. Absolutely love the brass ensemble sound from last season.

I think you will be quite pleased.  Loved what I heard last night.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Safe travels, Cavaliers!  Enjoy your time on the left coast.  See ya 7/5. 

Wow I totally forgot they were going out west. This is going to be a fun summer.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Oh.  There was more.  I like the ballad.  A lot.  Gave me goosebumps. 😮

That was very nice!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Oh.  There was more.  I like the ballad.  A lot.  Gave me goosebumps. 😮

That was very nice!

Best book in 7 years, and could be up there with my top drumcorps shows ever.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jake W. said:

Wait till you hear this show. A complete departure from the mash-ups of the last three seasons. You are going to love it. Everytime I listen I like it even more.

Dare I say this on DCP...but I think the writing may be just as mature and complex as Boston. Definitely prefer Cavies ballad.

• Like 4