The Cavaliers 2019

8 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

It's phenomenal.  I do say that through green glasses, but it has a lot of emotion to it.

I'll back you up as well, it's really really really nice.  That's one spot that lost me a little bit the last two years, the ballads were pretty but just felt like they lacked a little bit of emotion for me (maybe that's something wrong with me idk).  That's not the case this year.  One of my favorite things I've heard this year from anyone.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 4

So, I participated in the Cavaliers auction.   I only bid once on 2 seats for finals in "the owners box' as I thot it was a lot $$ to begin with and would not bid more (and surely thot the auction price would go much higher).  I ended up winning the auction.   I am soooo stoked.  I wish it were several seats as I would love to meet more fellow DCPers.  If I cannot go,  Hook 'em…..their yours.....

Edited by Forevergreen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Forevergreen said:

So, I participated in the Cavaliers auction.   I only bid once on 2 seats for finals in "the owners box' as I thot it was a lot $$ to begin with and would not bid more (and surely thot the auction price would go much higher).  I ended up winning the auction.   I am soooo stoked.  I wish it were several seats as I would love to meet more fellow DCPers.

Congrats. I looked at those and thought as you did: the winning bid would be too high. (Actually, the opening bid was too high.) Good for you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

So, I participated in the Cavaliers auction.   I only bid once on 2 seats for finals in "the owners box' as I thot it was a lot $$ to begin with and would not bid more (and surely thot the auction price would go much higher).  I ended up winning the auction.   I am soooo stoked.  I wish it were several seats as I would love to meet more fellow DCPers.  If I cannot go,  Hook 'em…..their yours.....

Oh wow.... 🙂 thanks! 

• Like 1

Just now, mjoakes said:

Congrats. I looked at those and thought as you did: the winning bid would be too high. (Actually, the opening bid was too high.) Good for you.

I got a look from my other half......I just said, "Look- you have Christmas, Valentines and  B-day covered this year."

• Haha 5

Thomas Newman composes  beautiful music.   He did the soundtrack for HBO’s Angels in America,  which is wonderful. I just listened to Cathedral, and it is clearly identifiable as a Thomas  Newman composition.  Very ethereal.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JFitz19 said:

Thomas Newman composes  beautiful music.   He did the soundtrack for HBO’s Angels in America,  which is wonderful. I just listened to Cathedral, and it is clearly identifiable as a Thomas  Newman composition.  Very ethereal.

I recommend the graphic novel and the movie.  

11 minutes ago, JFitz19 said:

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I recommend the graphic novel and the movie.  

My daughter played Harper in the stage version in college.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2