The Cavaliers 2019

1 minute ago, jjeffeory said:

For me, it's not so much about the theme as it how the music works together to make me feel.  Right now, I'm getting the theme, musically, from the percussion.  I'm not getting it from the brass music.  This is, however, the skeleton of the show. I'm sure there's a bunch more layers to be added.

Like I said, maybe later it will grow on me after they layer a few things to the show. Right now, thematically, I'm just not getting what I was "promised". Lol. The reveal video was a little misleading.

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

What's the over-under on how many posts will be removed from this thread?

I've already lost count.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Incognito365 said:

Like I said, maybe later it will grow on me after they layer a few things to the show. Right now, thematically, I'm just not getting what I was "promised". Lol. The reveal video was a little misleading.

Yea, I see your point. I think a bunch of corps are in that situation at the moment, so they better get cracking!

Just now, jjeffeory said:

Yea, I see your point. I think a bunch of corps are in that situation at the moment, so they better get cracking!

I think it will all come with the layers for everyone. Well, not everyone but you get it. Lol.

• Like 1

Again, as cavalier as some of y'all are, please remember:

A) the report button is your friend
2) We are a volunteer moderation staff
#) We do make a list and check it twice..

Actually, forget #, we aren't Santa Claus.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

For me, it's not so much about the theme as it how the music works together to make me feel.  Right now, I'm getting the theme, musically, from the percussion.  I'm not getting it from the brass music.  This is, however, the skeleton of the show. I'm sure there's a bunch more layers to be added.

If you noticed, there is surprisingly very little Electronix in this show so far. I am sure with the layering and added affects the theme may become more clear

1 minute ago, GREENBLUE said:

If you noticed, there is surprisingly very little Electronix in this show so far. I am sure with the layering and added affects the theme may become more clear

Choooo choooooo!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Choooo choooooo!

They could have added these:

• Like 1

Just thought I'd mention that no one has really commented on the change in marching style for the corps this year.  I miss the iconic style that they've used forever, that now only SCV uses, but you've got to be flexible enough to change with the times.

It remains to be seen how well this change in marching style will help or hurt the corps this year.  Should be interesting though.