The Cavaliers 2019

2 minutes ago, Toby said:

They could have added these:

That would take a long time to setup though....  Good idea! Keep 'em coming!

6 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Choooo choooooo!

Was also thinking that they needed a little preshow vibe builder like they did so well with shows like mad world etc.

• Like 1

Just now, jjeffeory said:

That would take a long time to setup though....  Good idea! Keep 'em coming!

Well, I can get the track laid on my own in about 10 minutes.  A team of 5 could do it in under a minute if it's sectioned off correctly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Toby said:

Well, I can get the track laid on my own in about 10 minutes.  A team of 5 could do it in under a minute if it's sectioned off correctly.

Maybe they can get the spirits of John Henry and Casey Jones to help lay the tracks quickly....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Just thought I'd mention that no one has really commented on the change in marching style for the corps this year.  I miss the iconic style that they've used forever, that now only SCV uses, but you've got to be flexible enough to change with the times.

It remains to be seen how well this change in marching style will help or hurt the corps this year.  Should be interesting though.

Could just be bluster, but the right people are claiming it has moved them forward significantly with their feet. 

4 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Just thought I'd mention that no one has really commented on the change in marching style for the corps this year.  I miss the iconic style that they've used forever, that now only SCV uses, but you've got to be flexible enough to change with the times.

It remains to be seen how well this change in marching style will help or hurt the corps this year.  Should be interesting though.

I only saw the show on YT, but I thought I noticed that the bicycle step was gone. To me, that's a positive. It worked really well back when they had the traditional Cavalier uniform and wide hats, but with the change in costuming, it was starting to look odd. I don't think it looks at all good when SCV does it, especially in the stuff they are wearing - way too much leg motion for too little distance traveled. 

1 hour ago, NakedEye said:

I only saw the show on YT, but I thought I noticed that the bicycle step was gone. To me, that's a positive. It worked really well back when they had the traditional Cavalier uniform and wide hats, but with the change in costuming, it was starting to look odd. I don't think it looks at all good when SCV does it, especially in the stuff they are wearing - way too much leg motion for too little distance traveled. 

Would have looked good for a train show though....

Just saw video from last night, both high and low cam. Wow. This is the best designed show the Cavaliers have had since Gaines left after 2011. Is it dirty? Yes...very. But you can see and hear the intent. Come August this show will be killer. Great staging with lots of amazing drill. Without a doubt their best brass since 2011 as well. Great Job Cavaliers!!! With so much uncertainty and negativity surrounding other corps it’s awesome to see the Green Machine on the right track (pun intended). Anyone that had them out of the Top Six might want to go back and change their predictions lol.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, GREENBLUE said:

Just saw video from last night, both high and low cam. Wow. This is the best designed show the Cavaliers have had since Gaines left after 2011. Is it dirty? Yes...very. But you can see and hear the intent. Come August this show will be killer. Great staging with lots of amazing drill as well. Without a doubt their best brass since 2011 as well. Great Job Cavaliers!!!

That in particular was.......refreshing.