The Cavaliers 2019

3 minutes ago, 1956OPR said:

PamahoNow, 

As an historical matter of fact,  the 06-30 delta was 2.65.

The 07-01 delta should be ignored. There were only 5 judges, not 8, the result of which was that instead of having the normal GE/Visual/Music structure of 40-30-30, a structure of 40-20-40 resulted.

I believe the next opportunity for a head-to-head comparison will come in Lisle, IL at the Cavalier's home show.

As for the Mesa show, I was there and I would give the edge to SCV >CAV.   Re the Cav's encore, I was standing behind the Academy MMs who were lined up on the track a couple of feet from the Cav ensemble and can attest to the energy and emotion generated, particularly when they played "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" in tribute to Mr. Warren.

Yeah, you are right my math messed up.  

I like the Cavies show and the way it relates to the audience.

The season will get interesting when the 3 groups start combining this Friday.

• Like 1

Really enjoying this show more and more as it cleans. Frankly, there just isn't a down moment --- the whole thing is relentless and really MOVES. The visual design is so insanely engaging, and full of great drill. Brass sounds phenomenal. Guard is aggressive. The 7/8 time Party in Steerage is a blast. The ballad is spine chilling. Gorgon bookends the show super intensely.

That's all! Just loving this show. 

• Like 5

On 7/1/2019 at 5:42 PM, GREENBLUE said:

Found it interesting how BD/Cavies/SCV have formed a combined group marketplace for their merchandise sales instead of the separate souvie trailers. It was like one stop shopping for the three. From my understanding the Cadets will be added as well when all the corps meet up. It’s manned by volunteers from the corps, but one computer system. 

Asked the volunteer if they’ve heard any complaints from other corps or other fans and I guess it’s already become an issue with some. Some elitist bull crap lol..

Four corps so far - BD, SCV, Cavies, Cadets - have partnered with PepWear on T-shirts and other souvie items. Looks like PepWear handles design, production, shipping, and point-of-sale things. (As is obvious from those three corps in the West utilizing combined space for souvie sales.)

I'm only speculating, and without knowing any of the economics, it isn't a bad thing to assume that essentially outsourcing much of the logistics and operations of getting T-shirts and hoodies on the road for tour might have some savings in money or volunteer/staff time and effort. (Or both.) And after spending three days last week in a corps' food truck as a volunteer, I wonder whether outsourcing food service isn't an opportunity, too. (Or maybe the opportunity is creating a business to offer food services to corps.)

PepWear is the firm Charlie Frost, Vanguard ED who recently announced his resignation, is joining as VP of operations.

It never occurred to me to think that three corps and a sportswear company trying something new might be viewed as elitist.

Edited by mjoakes
spelling

13 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Four corps so far - BD, SCV, Cavies, Cadets - have partnered with PepWear on T-shirts and other souvie items. Looks like PepWear handles design, production, shipping, and point-of-sale things. (As is obvious from those three corps in the West utilizing combined space for souvie sales.)

I'm only speculating, and without knowing any of the economics, it isn't a bad thing to assume that essentially outsourcing much of the logistics and operations of getting T-shirts and hoodies on the road for tour might have some savings in money or volunteer/staff time and effort. (Or both.) And after spending three days last week in a corps' food truck as a volunteer, I wonder whether outsourcing food service isn't an opportunity, too. (Or maybe the opportunity is creating a business to offer food services to corps.)

PepWear is the firm Charlie Frost, Vanguard ED who recently announced his resignation, is joining as VP of operations.

It never occurred to me to think that three corps and a sportswear company trying something new might be viewed as elitist.

It's a strange thing to see.  Kind of like when Taco Bell and Long John Silver share a single restaurant.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/1/2019 at 12:06 PM, HolyNOLA said:

Maybe I need a little perspective. Everyone is ranting and raving about how good this show is and how amazing the brass sounds. Yet they are scoring in a solid 6th place. What gives? 

What gives is you are a troll. Nothing more!

17 minutes ago, HolyNOLA said:

So basically we're the '99 Scouts. Kewl!!

So basically you are a troll.

• Like 1