The Cavaliers 2019

I finally get to see this show live next Thursday.  In fact, I will get to see them live at all four shows in Texas as well as seeing them here in the DC area and in Allentown.

What a great year for drum corps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Fangirl71 said:

Sounds like tonight was a really cool event tied together with the GearWorks camp. I really wish I could have stayed for the show because in addition to my life long love for the Cavaliers, I have crazy LOVE for Legends (my son marched there as well) and we are proud to call both corps family.  It was great to see them doing something in Michigan together and kudos to the Cavaliers for including them 💚💙

I have always thought Legends has put out good shows. It has been nice to see them grow !!!

• Like 2

Just saw/heard the show changes and all ive got to say is hot ####. That horn line is on fire. Shows starting to make sense and is getting cleaner. Wow. The ending is much better. I don’t know much about the technical aspects of guard, but who cares? They are incredible and have so many wow moments and are in your face begging to be watched the whole time.

This IS the Cavaliers. 

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GREENBLUE said:

Just saw/heard the show changes and all ive got to say is hot ####. That horn line is on fire. Shows starting to make sense and is getting cleaner. Wow. The ending is much better. I don’t know much about the technical aspects of guard, but who cares? They are incredible and have so many wow moments and are in your face begging to be watched the whole time.

This IS the Cavaliers. 

Ya know, I have always been excited for any drum corps season and I always cheer the loudest when The Cavaliers are about to take the field. But it is something about this year that has me far more excited than ever before. I can not wait until I see them next week.

• Like 2

Yea, the ending certainly has more velocity. I like how they've made Gorgon more distinct between the opener and the closer.

Added more variety in articulations and harmonics, no doubt to please the judges.

My video is pretty bad quality from the Patreon feed of 40 minutes ago, but I'm interested in seeing how they fare tomorrow and how the show will be received.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Yea, the ending certainly has more velocity. I like how they've made Gorgon more distinct between the opener and the closer.

Added more variety in articulations and harmonics, no doubt to please the judges.

My video is pretty bad quality from the Patreon feed of 40 minutes ago, but I'm interested in seeing how they fare tomorrow and how the show will be received.

Yesterday’s feed is much better quality. They’re leaving them up so u can watch whenever.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Thanks 1

The corps is definitely cleaner and I like the changes. They sound fantastic even on a crappy feed.   What is going on with the guard ?  Replacements, rewritten work ?   I guess I would expect them to be a bit cleaner too, but don't know what all is up so will leave it at I hope they continue to get better.

6 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

The corps is definitely cleaner and I like the changes. They sound fantastic even on a crappy feed.   What is going on with the guard ?  Replacements, rewritten work ?   I guess I would expect them to be a bit cleaner too, but don't know what all is up so will leave it at I hope they continue to get better.

I'm not sure. Honestly can't see too well.

• Like 1

I started the Patreon video, but I stopped when I read that there were updates to the show. I’ll get my first live viewing in Denton in Thursday, I can’t wait!

It’s a little saddening that DCI took over the Cavaliers’ Denton show, so I can’t volunteer or help out. Just forces me to also head over to mesquite this year as well!

• Like 4